Greetings from Grafschaft Bentheim, Germany

Kiyoshi

Jul 17, 2012
Heya xD

I've recently found and joined this forum because of the amazing pictures I found of the Unseen University Cut Out model. I am working on this model myself, at the moment (no, no pictures forthcoming, I am using the model to test out several methods of fixing the glaring white edges and stuff).

I have been cardmodelling since I was about 13, first with simple micromodels (postcard sized), then with a cheap model of the Zaanse Schans in the Netherlands. After that, when I was 15, I built the Vatican City model by Schuijt (that was a pretty tough one) and continued with the Basil's Cathedral in Moscow (also Schuijt, never finished). Over the years I have mainly been building l'Instant Durable models (Cathedral of Chartres, Opera of Paris, Mont St. Michel) and now, at the age of 33, I am working on the Unseen University model.

My next projects will be the Frauenkirche in Dresden and the Berliner Dom, both Schreiber-Bogen. I am looking forward to doing those, because they look so incredibly detailed. I plan to use those two to work on the adding of lighting. Somewhere inbetween I will build Howl's Moving Castle, as soon as I can find a print shop with the right paper xD The Dom of Cologne is also high on my wishlist. I plan to keep you all updated on the progress of those builds.

I have been building architecture models till now, but hope to progress to army models as well (tanks and stuff like that), because well... I guess you all have the same problem, I am running out of space xD

What I do like about this forum is the fact that already I have learned a lot by just reading the older posts. Stuff I never thought about but kinda messed up the end result suddenly became clear... I love it when that happens xD

Kiyo

Z

Zathros

:welcome1: to the forum kiyoshi. Nice to have you here. Please, remember that this forum does not allow links to any commercial sites unless accompanied by a through build thread. At the end of that thread, you can post a link to where you got the model.

We would like to see some of your work. Feel free to post pictures. :)

Kiyoshi

Jul 17, 2012
Hey Zathros, thanks for the welcome xD I am afraid that my older builds didn't survive my migration to Germany, but I will post some pics of Unseen University when it is done. And I plan to keep a log on the builds I am planning for the future :)

I assume I can mention the brands of the stuff I build, as long as I don't link to sites? That way it's easier for people to find out which model it is exactly (since some buildings are done by more than one firm)

Z

Zathros

Yes, you can mention the brands, that's not a problem. We had to do this because the site was starting to turn into just a big build board and people were making posts of kits they had never built, and others were just plugging their sites without any reas cooperation.

We have so many artist who work on their models, pay the time and effort, and then give their models away. I want a place for them to shine at. The bulkof the membership has agreed. So our main focus is to the FREE models, that these generous designers have given to us. There are quite a few sites that already deal with pay for models. That's fine. That's not us though. That being said, as I wrote earlier, you do a build thread, feel free to post a link to where you got it from, that is only fair and all parties involved would like that information, though most of us probably know where to get them. :)

p.s. I have always wanted to visit Germany, but am getting too old now, and my dollars worthless. :)