Greetings fellow earthlings!

biggusdoggus

Jan 3, 2014
BiggusDoggus here, signing in from the UK. I've scratch built models in card and plastic since I was knee high to a grass hopper, but never tried to produce anything of any real quality. I've joined up to take a look at what's possible (staggering detail from what I can see), and to gather hints and tips with a view to upping the anti in my own endeavours. My wife will kill me, but cardstock sci-fi here I come :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello and welcome to the forum.

You have come to the right place for SCI-FI. We have many members (including myself) who are into SCI-FI. So you should feel right at home here.

I am sorry that you have signed in at a transitional time, as we are in the middle of fixing some technical problems and migrating the forum to a new platform.
In the meantime, feel free to post comments, ask questions, and make all the friends you want to.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice. Please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard and I hope that you enjoy yourself here.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Welcome to the forum. As Rhaven said, in a bit of a transition, but all will be sorted out soon. Glad to have you aboard! :)

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Kinda presumptuous to assume all the folks one here are Earthlings.... Somewhere in my OSI File it probably still says that i think I'm from A. Centauri Proxima IV

:p

biggusdoggus

Jan 3, 2014
oh I didn't assume all the folks here are Earthlings, I just chose not to greet the aliens, you lot can just sod awf ;-)

So I downloaded a bunch of model templates today and if I can find some suitable cardstock, and if my printer has any ink, I shall try to make a start in between doing washing, looking after the kids and tidying the house.

First stop a simple 5cm cube, just because one has to start somewhere,
then a Tardis I think - again, simple, but cool just the same.
and then a Sandcrawler.

As I say, I've never aimed for quality, so this is very much a learning experience. I'd like to progress to complicated stuff like UHU02's work (it was in part seeing his stuff elsewhere that dragged me here in the first place, though I notice there are people here who I've seen on 40k sites such as Warseer as well - small world).

I guess I'll go start a building thread when I have something worthy of the name.