Greetings and Salutations

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by randye, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. randye

randye New Member

How wonderful to find this group! :wave:
    Although I've been a scale modeler for .....well let's just say something over 4 decades now, I am a complete beginner to card models. Plenty of experience scratch building and machining in plastic and metal, but card models may well prove to be an interesting new challenge.

Perhaps I'm overly ambitious, but I have the 1/32nd Zarkov, Piaggio P180 aircraft as my first card model. I'm sure I'll be asking plenty of beginner questions along the way, so I sincerely hope your tolerance for dumb interogatories withstands my test.

Oh, as for myself, I'm a Director of R&D for a medical products company. I have a few U.S. and foreign patents. I'm a mechanical engineer by education. My other hobbies include 1:1 scale Pontiac Fiero sports cars, photography and my 2 grandchildren, and I reside in the Tampa, Florida area.
  2. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

Welcome aboard - this is the place to learn, check out some of the build posts
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welocme to the fold! Sounds like a pretty ambitions start but take your time and all will be well. Usually suggest to starting out *really* simple just to get the feel for the techniques but if you have been scratchbuilding other materials all will fall in line. Just expect a restart or two :D Hollar if you have any questions!
  4. rowiac

rowiac Member

I think you will find Dr. Zarkov's models very well engineered and impressive looking when finished.

Who knows, with your ME background, if you become captivated by card modeling like so many of us here, you might end up dusting off your engineering graphics books and try your hand at your own design.

Welcome from a fellow Mechanical Engineer and R&D manager,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.