Great deal

belg

Well Don, AKA Easy days is not the only one that got a great deal. I did some work for a lady who's husband recently passed and she was short on funds but asked if I would work for some barter, I said "well I have to see what it is!" To my surprise her husband used to be a ships model builder and I got 5 Dremel power tools Tablesaw, drillpress, belt sander, lathe and scrollsaw and a box of clamps, bits, saw blades, xato blades and much much more. I smiled from ear to ear and told her I would be glad
to do her work. After about three hours and about fifty dollars in materials she was glad to get rid of the items and I was REAL GLAD to take them.

billk

$50 and 3hrs is probably a lot more than she would have gotten from more traditional methods - auctions, etc. So you both got a good deal!

Ray Marinaccio

What a deal.
Sounds to be a complete woodworking shop.
Just think of all the scratch-building project posibilities.
Great investment.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Yeah, them deals are out there, and these ladies just want part of their house back. I'm sure she's pleased with what you did for her as well. A win-win situation for sure:thumb: :thumb:

belg

Don, I know I was overjoyed with the tools but was like a kid in the candy store when it came to the the box of loose items. Easily another $100 worth of stuff xacto blades, clamps, tiny ball peen hammer, a vise,and a beam compass and circle cutter.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Yep, I know how you feel. Both those layouts came with their own little boxes of goodies. In mine I found lots of extra track, turnouts, uncouplers, figures, vehicles, a few tools and leftover parts from pastic kits just to name a few things. Those finds are always exciting whether it be model related or not.:thumb: :thumb:

F

Fred_M

Speaking of deals and all, at the LHS today I purchased a box of HO billboard cars for $12, so that's $2 each. All the cars in the box were Tyco, Bachmann, and lifelike stuff except this one box car. It's a Mantua, but the sides are metal and the thing has loop couplers. I did a search on google and yahoo and can't find any info. Anyone know anything about this as in is it a collectors item or anything before I convert the couplers to kadee? Eitherway it's a pretty car. FRED

Attachments

• borden.jpg
    borden.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 93

hocaboose

What I believe you have here is not a Mantua car, but one manufacturered by Fleishman in the mid 60's (note Fleishman also made these for Penn Line who attached their small black and white sticker to the bottom).

Hope this helps

Pete

F

Fred_M

It clearly has "Mantua" cast into the "frame" along with "3226" right under mantua. Did Fleishman use mantua frames? FRED