Graph Paper Generator

F

Fred_M

I was looking for some graph paper to download when i found this neat little program at http://www.engj.ulst.ac.uk/sidk/graph/graph.htm (down load the freeware program). It allows you to define the size of the grids and line thickness. So now you can print graph paper your way for free, or print grid windows on overhead projector film. Or print cut lines to make siding. Lot's of possibilities. DASH10

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Most computers have a spreadsheet of some kind on them, which is an easy way to make a simple grid. You can set the size of the squares and the thickness of the lines as you want.

F

Fred_M

Originally posted by billk
Most computers have a spreadsheet of some kind on them, which is an easy way to make a simple grid. You can set the size of the squares and the thickness of the lines as you want.
True, but this program is much easier to size and prints so nice. DASH10

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
That's cool, but if anyone has a CAD program they can set any grid pattern spacing easily as an option, including "major" and "minor" lines. Then select "print grid lines" when printing. Set up time is around 30 seconds with the one I use.

There are always options, but a single-task program isn't bad either.

Don

F

Fred_M

Nobody said you had to download it, I offer it as a free thing I found to help with modeling. This program prints grid spaces of 1/8, 1/16, 1/4, 1/10, ect. correctly the first time on plain paper. In three min I can open it, get an exact size grid pattern I want the first time, and print maybe 5 copies. And it's hundreds of dollars cheaper than microsoft office and CAD, it's free. It's for us poor people. DASH

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Dash,

Don't be upset. I think it's great to have it available and it is a wothwhile application, especially at that price. :) No one was putting it down, I just think some of us were offering alteratives if we had them. It would be a bland world if we only had one choice for everything we did. :D

Myself, I have enough grid paper left over from our business that I may not need to print a grid out for several more years. :sleeping:

Don