Grandpa's Antique Model Trains

sronmi

Apr 21, 2007
My 88 year old grand father died about ten years and his entire model train collection passed from my grand mother's estate to the grand children last year.

All of the ~ 50/60 train cars are at least 30 years old. Most are probably 40 or 50 years old. And no one in the entire family knows anything about model trains!

It's unlikely the trains will be put up for sale. Nevertheless, can anyone offer advice on how to how to get the train set cleaned and appraised?

Thank you!

See if there's a TCA group near you, they might help you with appraisal. :thumb: If it's three-rail O or S, it's more likely to have some value than old HO, unless there are some brass pieces, which is a whole different game.announce1
And no one in the entire family knows anything about model trains!
But is anyone interested, that's the question! If the trains are running, then run 'em!!:D If you need any assistance in setting up a layout, well... just ask! :D
Best of Luck!

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
I inherited my fathers Lionel set he got as a kid and even though I don't do "O" I'd never get rid of it.As far as I'm concerned it's priceless,appraiser be damned:thumb:!

Chris

sronmi

Apr 21, 2007
Thanks for the Replies Cid & Chris

So what does TCA stand for and how would I find a local group?