grain elevator pic (test)

KATY

Jul 30, 2005
Liberty, MO
grain elevator pic

Have not posted a pic yet so 1st try and please forgive if doesn't turn out right.

Attachments

• grain elevator.jpg
    grain elevator.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 101

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Yeah, nice model. Post more if you can.:thumb:

You do not have to reduce the picture size that small in order to meet the requirements to post here. Go to the photo section and read the "sticky" there about how to reduce the "quality" without reducing the physical size. If you need help, I'll be glad to walk you through it.

KATY

Jul 30, 2005
Liberty, MO
Still not sure if I'm doing this right, but here's a couple more shots. One is the truck side of the elevator and second is switcher coming out on the lead from the elevator. Really didn't want to start posting pictures yet since I still have some more to do to so call finish this little layout. Just poured the river last night. These are the first pictures I've taken of the layout and hope to do some more soon after I get more details on it. Love readin' the Gauge and soaking up all the experiences and knowledge the members have to offer.

Attachments

• truck side.jpg
    truck side.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 53
  • elevator lead.jpg
    elevator lead.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 58

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Yes, and excellent structure. Remember, we have two photo competitions going this month, one for prototype structures, the other for scale structures. I'd suggest you enter one of these.

BTW, you're doing better with your photo editing. These are good physical size, but you can increase your quality a bit more and still get them in. You can go with a file size of up to 65K.

ajroland

Sep 4, 2005
Eastman, Georgia
Very Nice

I think you've done a very good job on this. I have this kit still in the box. I really like the grain bins you added. Can you tell me the brand on the grain bins or did you scratch build them?

KATY

Jul 30, 2005
Liberty, MO
Thanks for the nice comments. I've worked in elevators for 35 years (ugh) so I tried to make this as authentic as I could with the space limitations I have on my hollow core door. The elevator has some weathering, but got washed out with the flash. I hope to make the two big tanks look a little rusty, but keep the end tank as a new structure.

The layout and elevator are N scale, but the steel bins are all HO scale kits. The N scale sized tanks just looked too small and whimpy. The bin on the end is a Rix product and the 2 bigger tanks are Walthers, but only used about the bottom third of those 2 kits. The downspouts are N scale from a Rix elevator kit. The only thing kitbashed is a dust line on top of the elevator and the drag running out to the end bin. I tried anyway.

Now if I could just find some N scale grain trailers.......:(

Will_annand

Jan 12, 2004
Huntsville, Ontario
www.muskokacomputes.com
Now that is what I would call excellent kitbashing KATY. :thumb:

I picked up some HO details from Rusty Stumps Scale Models and Walt sent me an email to confirm that I ordered HO scale, he had me down in his database as having an N Scale. I confirmed to him that yes, I wanted the larger doors and windows and crates.