Grain Elevator Diorama

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Thanks!

I continue to add foliage to the diorama. Using Medium Green and Light Green Foliage, and Fine Leaf Foliage-Dead I added some between the buildings.

add.jpg

Again using the Medium Green and Light Green Foliage and adding some Dark Green I added some weeds and stuff under the freight building. I also used some Fine Leaf Foliage-Dead.

ade.jpg

Using Clump foliage in the following colors:
• Medium Green
• Dark Green
• Conifer Green
• Olive Green
And Foliage:
• Medium Green
• Light Green
• Dark Green
And Fine Leaf Foliage:
• Dead
• Olive Green
• Medium Green
I began adding foliage around the tracks and the buildings and roads. I also used a mix of the following coarse turfs on the area near the shed.
• Burnt Grass
• Light Green
• Medium Green

adf.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
MasonJar said:
Nice Tom!

Does your "era" use boxcars for grain, or hoppers? (I.e. is the box car a coincidence or is it what you plan to run?)

Andrew

Thanks!

Since most of my operating era is transition era, the majority of the time boxcars will be used. However, since covered hoppers were being introduced at this time, some will make appearances. There will be times that I running 70’s and 80’s era equipment and at those times covered hoppers will dominate.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Thanks Robin!

Using clump foliage, foliage, and fine leaf foliage I finished adding foliage and ground cover to the diorama.

adr.jpg

ads.jpg

I also planted a few trees.

adt.jpg

adu.jpg

Next is determining what other details need to be added and buying them or making them. I know I need barrels and various discarded things. Also I still need to add the spilled grains, weather the gravel roads, and add oil spills and things to the ties and ballast.