graffitti cars

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
I just saw an ad in one of the magazines that featured graffitied cars. Don't remember the maker though. I do remember that I wasn't overly impressed.

Athearn is now making "pre-weathered" cars, but it just looks like a quick mist of gray from the spray gun. I'm not impressed at all.

Another option is graffiti decals. Or, you can paint them on yourself. Sometimes doing this type of work on your models can be very gratifying.

Or, there are folks who specialize in weathering cars and putting graffiti on them. The cost can be reasonable or outrageous, as these guys usually put there stuff on E-Bay and it goes to the highest bidder. Now, concerning these guys, some of their weathering work is absolutely astounding.

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
I do grafitti cars! If you want a particular car and a UNIQUE grafitti'd car, click on the link in my signature. Then Click any "Order Now" button to bring up my company e-mail, and order a CUSTOM one for me. The price is $10-$20 depending on the complexity of the grafitti.

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
I do grafitti cars! If you want a particular car and a UNIQUE grafitti'd car, click on the link in my signature. Then Click any "Order Now" button to bring up my company e-mail, and order a CUSTOM one for me. The price is $10-$20 depending on the complexity of the grafitti.

You do custom cars? Could I get you guys to make me a custom paint job'd car sometime?

myltlpny

Feb 18, 2007
Gloucester, VA
www.homesiteinc.com
Both Blair line and Microscale make graffiti decals. I have one car I bought off e-Bay that was pre-weathered with graffiti. It makes an interesting addition to an otherwise plain train. I plan on doing a few myself, as well as adding some to my overpasses and such. Not too much, just here and there.