Graffiti on the LRW

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by LoudMusic, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

As a matter of interest that how you guys got that well known name for the largest loco in the world- THE BIG BOY, someone took chalk and made a marking "big boy" on the smoke box door.
  2. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Personally, i HATE graffiti:rolleyes:, sure its a real fact of life that many RR cars have it on them:curse:, but you'll NEVER see it on ANY of mine;). MadHatter has brought up the ONLY graffiti i ever DID like:thumb:. :D -Deano View attachment 35288

Attached Files:

3. brakie

brakie Active Member

About 3 years ago I was railfaning when these 3 12 or 13 year old punkies started to tag a car..I called the police on my cell phone and set back and watch..In about 5 minutes it rain cops..They came out of the bushes and caught the punkies completely by surprise and red handed..All 3 was cuffed and stuff.I overheard one say "What did I do wrong?" as he was being patted down.One looked like he was about to cry.
  4. CCT70

CCT70 Member

Good! And good for you. I don't care how young they are, the fitting punishment for these little maggots would be 3 days in REAL jail with REAL adult cons. That'd be the last railcar any of the little wastes of oxygen would ever vandalize, I guarantee it.

I hope their worthless parents at least had to pay to get said railcars completely repainted, but something tells me, that answer is probably not. At least 3 taggers busted, and that is great news.
  5. DaorLiar

DaorLiar New Member

It scares me that you feel proud of yourself for making a 12 year old kid cry.
    It is too bad that you were not raised with Pitchwife, his parents would have told
    you that no one likes a tattle tale. On the bright side, your tax dollars- not his parents,
    will be used to clean it off.
  6. DaorLiar

DaorLiar New Member

Take it easy, Mussolini. I appreciate that you work for the RR, on behalf of my people I apologize for the idiots who paint over numbers- That is pure ignorance, and I believe the punishment should be harsher in these cases. But you want to send CHILDREN to ADULT general population?! Perhaps you were caught up in the heat of the compu-moment, or years of painting over graffiti, I don't know... IF ANY OF YOU HAVE KIDS- Imagine them screwing around (as lil people tend to do), and them getting sent where this guy wants to send em- Sodomy Central. Punishments are a risk of the chosen trade, community service would suffice for example- Good old fashioned hard work. Different life experiences mean diferent points of view- I respect that. Deano hates graffiti, and expresses it with an angry face wearing a swear-word hat. Totally cool. I like it, hence my advent,adverb, advar, vampire, whatever its called. But I gotta speak up when I hear about a guy happy to NARC on kids, and another guy that wants them beheaded. Those kids may end up choosing their attraction to trains over their attraction to graf, and they could be future railfans-and you want them sodomized. Ribbons of shame, ribbons of shame.
  7. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

They should be scared and crying. Like it or not, vandalizm/graffiti is ILLEGAL.
    If they get away with that now, what are they going to be pulling when they're older?
    Putting a little fear of God and the police into 'em now might make them straighten up and stay out of trouble down the line.

All of that aside, I don't understand why they get so elaborate with some of this stuff that it can no longer be read. Kinda defeats the purpose if nobody can read what you wrote.
  8. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

graffiti IS a part of RR culture but its STILL ILLEGAL and the little monsters should be punished.and LOL,this is all in good fun.CCT70's not totally serious!right?.and if it were my way of punishing "say hello to my little freind" ***SNAP*** ,a good belt does the trick.and i have lil trouble makers so i know what its like.--josh
  9. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

oh i forgot to ask CCT70,how do you get your sig so long?mine is at its bare limits of amount of characters.--josh
  10. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

Part of the problem is that these days parents who use that type of discipline get accused of child abuse. Somehow I don't see "time-out's" as a solution to the problem. I tend to agree with DaorLiar. A little imposed hard work is an amazing deterrent to mischief, plus it makes a positive impact on the community.
  11. CCT70

CCT70 Member

I am VERY "totally serious". These little cretins problem is that parents don't punish teenagers and do not hold them accountable for their actions. That's why America's teenagers collectively get more and more immature as the years go by. That is a serious problem as these kids are supposed to be the future of this country.

I don't know about you, but I find it VERY appaling that the future leaders of our country see fit to vandalize private property, treat their fellow man like crap, and all of the other shenanigans that teenagers have become famous for, all with no accountability for their actions. THAT ridiculous mentality is more trouble waiting to happen. Remember, if you go to another country and pull this kind of immature crap, you may find yourself publicly punished, like a caning or worse. You have it pretty lucky here. Most other societies are not so tolerant over crimes against others in the name "of just being children".

And good for them!
  12. CCT70

CCT70 Member

On the "bright side"? That OUR tax dollars are going to go to clean YOUR illegal activities?! That is the most ridiculous bullsh-- that has ever flowed here.

That is, probably until I read your next post. :rolleyes:
  13. CCT70

CCT70 Member

Where the he!! do you get off?!

First of all punk, if I am "Mussolini", than you are a spoiled mamas boy that your daddy should have spent more time spanking and making a man out of. Apparently, either your parents didn't care and let you run amuk, or they spent your childhood inebriated. You are nothing but a common criminal, a drain to society, a punk.

Community Service for vandalism is laughable. Do you have ANY idea what it costs to paint a simple railcar? Or especially a locomotive? Not to mention the fact that while these little *******s are out "tagging" that they are placing themselves in grave danger? What if that car buried 65 cars deep and getting tagged on the siding starts to move? And the little bastard defacing it gets dragged and maimed? And then of course, his mommy and daddy sue the railroad, the city, the county, the paint manufacturer, the railcar manufacturer (after all, the company created an attractive nuisance when they built such a large freight car without a platform for children to spray paint right?? Don't laugh, it's happened) while junior becomes a drain to the welfare system as he is now disabled and can not work, not like he would or did before, all the while, the railroad takes an even harder stance against railfans simply out enjoying their hobby. You are probably also one of the same people that b!tch and moan that the railroad police and railroad companies are "too mussolini" against railfans, but with people like you roaming loose from jail, can you blame them? Would you find it acceptable for me to come to your dwelling and spray paint it or your vehicle? "I promise I won't paint over the house numbers."

Grow up, get a clue and a life. (and probably a job too). Nobody in the railroad industry finds this cute or acceptable, and yeah, adults get really tired of this "but we're just children" attitude as well. It's people like you that are bringing this morally troubled country to hell in a hand basket.
  14. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

Somebody give me a H*** yeah and an AMEN!! :thumb:
  15. BigJim

BigJim Member

Often said - conservatives are recently mugged liberals.

I think many would be less tolerant of graffiti if it was on their fence, garage door or house.

I know at one time cars were identified by bar codes. Not sure if they use rfid chips now but the idea of asking the entire country re-identify all of the rolling stock and raise their code readers up above 8' to accomadate taggers is just plain stupid. I think it is sad that we, as a country, have to spend so much effort on security. Countries with stiffer penalities for theft and vandelism have much fewer problems. Although they have other MAJOR civil liberty problems, I was in Iran in 1976. The public market had millions of dollars of gold on display without any special security or guards. Having your hand cut off for stealing, in a country where you eat and greet with one hand and wipe your as*without paper with the other, seemed to have a effect on the crime rate.
  16. joesho

joesho Member

i agree with daorliar , but i dont like disputes like this,its a way to make enemies,not friends.
  17. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Sorry folks, when a thread gets to the point of name-calling, we have to cut things off. This thread is closed.

Don Day
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.