Graf Spee Scharnhorst and other junk food

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Hi, John! :D

I downloaded this and other models of this pane on the page 5 link I was given earlier, which is:
http://www.volny.cz/avia-b534/page5.html

The one that seems to be the model Barry is building can be found here:
http://www.volny.cz/i.cpm/Avia B534 BUL.pdf

And there's more here from Ripper, including a detailed interior set:
http://www.ripper-works.com/indexEN.htm

I was looking for the one with the Polish markings, but I seems you can download the "markings" and related file at the top and just add them to one of the downloads of the plane itself also found on that page; I did not find any model download with the Polish markings already incorporated to the model itself, however...but the markings file should make modifications doable.

Hope this helps.

Jim

jyduchene

Jan 25, 2004
Mahomet Il.
Thankd Barry and Jim,

Jim your links were what the Dr. ordered. Got it all. A great plane. I am studying the build now and may wait a few more days for the WinterWhite. That is so cool, no pun intended.

John

Leif Oh

Jan 27, 2004
Goteborg, Sweden
Barry, thanks for recognizing the bit about having to be a contortionist to build airplanes, even in the comparatively large scale of 1/33. Makes me feel less ham-handed! Best of luck with the build - looking good from where I sit - and I certainly aim to follow, some time, somewhere ...

Leif

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Avia

Hi

I think I should stick to ships really I dropped it nose down tonight oh well it more or less bounced. Built most of the bits you can just see the wires protruding from the struts.

Leif what do you use for sticking down your canopies please ?

barry

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Barry

Nothing wrong with the plane, So much so I think you should move this post to the Aircraft competition section :D

Looks good to me even though it did a power dive into the deck :roll:

Keep at it

Rob

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
B538

Hi

Well I dropped about 5 times today my hands are in non response mode again so at least I can tell you it's quite a tough little model :lol: (and it's why I took a rest from Fuso). I was overeaching my ability doing a biplane anyway but I learnt a lot.

I made wire sandwiches of all the struts but I would have done better to have just done the two central ones. In the end I cut off the locating pins on the outer struts, the wire was too thin and got in the way the cockpit is left half open because I got the windscreen too far back I think so opening the hood disguises it. :eek:ops:

The tailplane is attached to a cocktail stick through the fuselage and rather than use Leif's wonderful ways I cracked it with a pair of pliers :eek:ops: too allow for any errors in the fuselage of which there are many. The camo pattern is so effective I do not even have to hide them!! :lol:

Anybody with real experience of aircraft modelling could get a fantastic model out of this kit.

Move it to the competion Rob, not this one I think, but I might well have a go at the German snow camo one later.

It looks like a biplane, the only problem I had so far with the kit was the instuctions are a bit sketchy, but what do you expect for nothing and experience would make up for it anyway.

Still got to build the undercart though

barry

Leif Oh

Jan 27, 2004
Goteborg, Sweden
Barry, re: question about glue for canopy - same goes for me. I used white glue, for lack of better alternatives. Main benefit - it does stick also to transparencies - and it is possible to get surplus glue off with the help of a toothpick. Doesn't harm OH film, if that's what you're using.

For glueing one canopy part to another - that's what I'd really like to get some expert advice on. After trying a very thin string of white glue, I wiped it off and settled for - nothing. Just try to get the two pieces to align as good as possible, and leave it at that.

Third time call for advice - anybody got a good tip for butt-glueing transparencies to each other; invisibly of course...

Leif

PS. Do not, for any reason, use CA (cyanoacrylate). The fumes (hydrochloric acid?) immediately clouds up the whole canopy irreversibly. Nasty stuff that CA. And you can't get it off your fingers for days. Much better to use your index finger to wipe off white glue, and just rub your fingers together to be clean again.

And, Barry, the aircraft is just fine. I'll be sure to follow this thread, although it has a quaint headline for an aircraft build...