Graf Spee Scharnhorst and other junk food

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Wow, Barry, those are great close-up shots! :D

When I try to tackle them in the future I hope you'll open your heart to a poor bloke and tell me all your secrets in making such great builds...too bad there is no Emoticon for a sniveling, pleading fellow! :lol:

I do hope you'll post some more shots when you can. The two Zios I got did not come with any instructions or illustrations so I could use all the help I can get from what great work you've made of them.

Thanks for posting the photos!!
Jim

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Holiday chill out

Hi

Had to try doing something on holiday another one to finish DN's freebie all I got done tho

barry

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
savage photos

Took a couple more photos too similar to put in the normal thread and the idiot who dry fitted the rails did not notice they were not sitting down properly.

barry

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Fuso, Takao and Savage

Hi

No good reason for taking these photos except it gives a comparison, I did not realise how big Japanese cruisers of this class were.

barry

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

In rough weather they would sling life lines on the weather decks. On thse would be short lengths of rope known as lizards, these would be held on the lifeline with thimbles. You go out on deck and in between green waves you would grab one and hang on for your life. If you could not hang on 10 to 1 your dead, you would then make your way to the next lifeline to get to the area wanted.

Rough or what :cry:

Regards

Rob

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Look no water

Hi All

inspired by Leif I suddenly needed someting in a big scale for a couple of days for a change. I decided to the B538 freebie I chose this one because I thought the camo scheme would cover a lot of mistakes (does actually).

I take my hat off to the airplane guys you need to be contortionist for this sort of thing. I managed to hack out the control panel and then decided that with my hamfistedness I would put the rest of the details in later thank goodness, they would have been flat by now.

The next time I do this if ever the formers will be 5 ply!!

Strictly for laughs

barry

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
aircraft

Hi

Still trying to learn to build planes I decided to make a wire sandwich for the struts before attempting to fix nything permanently. The chin intake covers a multitude of sins

barry

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Hi, Barry! :D

Very nice work, mate. Looks like a fun project, and really a super job of putting her together!

I downloaded this model too, but I haven't printed it out yet. Seeing how well she looks in your build, well, you know, it makes one want to start her right away. :lol:

Like Rob said, please post more photos updates as you go along.

Cheers! :D

Jim

jyduchene

Jan 25, 2004
Mahomet Il.
Barry,

Your construction looks great. I wanted to ask, I have been all over Ripper's site and could not find the version you are building. Could you post a link to that particular bird?

Again, congratulations on your build.

John