GPM PZL 104 Wilga 1:33

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by blackarrow, Dec 5, 2008.

1. blackarrow

blackarrow New Member

I bought a scanned .pdf document of GPM PZL 104 Wilga in 1:33 scale. My father flied on this plane for a several years and I would like to make this plane and give it to him like a present :) Here I will inform you about the making of this plane with pictures and comments also :)

Here is the picture of this kit... I have it on my computer right now.

Anyway, I have some problems with printing this kit to a paper. First of all, I am afraid on which paper should I print this thing? Here we have paper in g/m2 (or gsm) units so I am not very friendly with the lbs units. I have here 80, 100, 120, 160 and 200 g/m2 paper, so recommend me some of this paper to print my kit on it.

Also, there are instructions, but it is in polish language. Is there some converter or other thing to translate the instructions for building this plane to english? I am not very skilled modeler so this is very important to me.

Last think I want to ask is glue. Here I don't have very much choice for buying glue, but I see that everybody recommend "white glue". What is that? Is it standard glue for wood or something else? I have only some standard glue that contains ethyl acetate and buthyl acetate (don't know what is this, but I think it is not good because makes color from paper fall of which is very bad).

Thank you in advance!
  2. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

I don't have any original GPM but I can tell you how are the other original models that I have. For the intenal structure I recommend you 80 g/m2 and for the page with colored pieces 180-200 g/m2 paper.

As for the glue , I believe that "white glue" is actually PVA ( poly vinil acetate ) , is great and cheap , I'm also use it. Be sure when you are buying it that the PVA is specially for wood and not for constructions. The first one becomes almost transparent when he dry , the second one remains white.
  3. blackarrow

blackarrow New Member

I think that 200 m/2 is very hard paper for this very small model and I am afraid that I will have problems with making it if the paper is very hard. I don't know, anybody else has some opinion?

For glue, no problem, I will try to find some white glue, hope I will find it.
  4. jagolden

jagolden Guest

What part of "scanned .pdf document" sounds suspiciously like "illegal copy"?
    OH! All of it.
    Am I missing something?
  5. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

I believe jagolden is right . We should end this discussion .

blackarrow , the 200 g/m2 paper is not too hard ( it's paper not metal, man ) and the Wilga is not quite small , the scale is 1:33.
    See PM anyway.
  6. josve

josve Active Member

I didn't know GPM kits was in the digital format......
    So if you have bought a digital GPM kit, you have done something we don't like around here.
    It's called piracy..