Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Huey, Oct 2, 2004.

1. Huey

Huey Member

Yep it is! It would be really nice to have GPM B52-D in the gallery here and hopefully somebody will make a go for it, make a thread on the build process complete with photos especially on parts that would probably give the modeler a "challenge". I don't think that a build thread has been done on a huge plane before (not counting planes that has been upscaled to 1:16).
  2. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

Picture of finish GPM's B-52 is below
  3. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member ain't the only one who loves the big birds...though I like them in small scale. I have decided when I finish my attempt on Marek's PBY in 1:100 scale, I will attack the GPM B-52 (with some modifications to the paint job GPM put on their kit) in 1:100 scale. I do soooooooo wish there was a B-52H model out there somewhere (hint-hint). Of the nine versions of B-52s Boeing produced, the H model is my favorite. Not because it is still flying, but because it was the first model I saw up close and personal, and because I spent a lot of time working around and with 15 of the 102 models bird (60-0028) in particular. Presently, I am working on scanning Hobby Model's B-1B so I can rescale it and someday print and build. It would be nice to get some large Soviet bombers also. Someday I'll get the Tu-22M and begin work on it also. Like you say, gotta love the big birds!
  4. Huey

Huey Member

hey, that's not fair! why are you not posting your build on Marek's PBY? I too have that and would want to get a few tips hehehehehe. if you are downsizing, i like to upsize my models :D
  5. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

I'll post progress work on the PBY when I start building it. Right now I am cutting out the parts, which for me is not an easy task...fat fingers, numb hands and bad eyes 8v) When that part of the process is finished, I'll post a beginning pic. But, please note I say, "attempting" the build 8v) I have printed up a LOT of models at 1:100 scale. I did that a while back when I had ink and knew I would soon be in a position where I couldn't afford to buy ink for a while. If I screw up this attempt on the PBY, I'll trash it and go to another Marek model, or Prudenziati model 8v) and I'll change the signature at the same time...hehehe.
  6. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

Another picture of GPM's B-52

7. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

How do you store that thing!?! You must have a large room dedicated to just that plane or have it hanging from your ceiling somewhere.

GUIMARTIN New Member

some body can or want send me some paper models airplanes like present, I'm from nicaragua, my name is guillermo and i'm new in this forum, my problem is that i don't can to buy nothing by internet becouse I haven't a creditcard and too don't have a job. if somebody will do this for me I'll stay very thanksfull whit the good men that do this, thankyou, excuse my gramar. I hope an aswer soon.

att: guillermo
  9. fimdan

fimdan Member

Hi Guillermo

Are you sure you want a monster like the b52? This is a large model and even if you manage to get a scan of this plane, will you be able to print it? I would never consider printing something like that unless I knew someone with access to free printing. Also , do you have access to sheets of paper that are larger than Letter format ( I think in this case you would need that )

You should start with something smaller. Look around the net, there are lots of models out there.

Good luck,

10. modelincard

modelincard Member