GPM 313,13/2011, 60 cm KARL GERAT,

János1962

New year, new model and now I will build a bigger monster.
The end of last year published GPM model is self propelled gun with 60 centimeter big gun it has been built for destroying.Every ammunition weight 2 tonnes.
7 units were built, but only 6 was used in fights, between 1941-1945. They were fought against russian strongholds, in Brest-Litovsk and Szevasztopol, and then bombing of Warsaw, fought in Battle of Bulge, and the military operations against the Remagen bridgehead. Only 2 left now, the rest were scrapped after the war.

The booklet is in A3 format , 30 page with parts, 4 page of skeleton, 29 page of description. The trucks have the same grey colour like the model. This is definitely a repainted and partly to be looking better, partly for technical reason.

, ,

Very detailed design, even the ignition key is included in the dashboard. The middle part under the gun, is elaborated in great detail, here is a mechanism, that is (while shooting) at lifting up the rollers to put the
bottom plate to the ground.

Let's see the building. I made the driver's position first.
, , , ,

János1962

Thank you Zathros.

I put on the the cladding elements.

, , ,

Compare to the small Kettenkrad,
smile.gif

Z

Zathros

Great pic of the Kettekradd. You did a nice job fabricating the cable spools and framing. That's a new one! That is an awesome piece of artillery! Another new one for me! :)

Z

Zathros

I looks like you bolted the pieces on, then put a lot of anti-corrosive paint on it! Great!! :)

Z

Zathros

I feel much sorrow for the people of Warsaw, having been bombed with a beast like this. It goes to show how hard they fought that they had to use something like it. I cannot imagine being near that when it went off. The wheels looks excellent! I think you are not capable of less! :)

Z

Zathros

They look like they work. They don't work do they? I think that would be too much too take. Also, where did you find bolts so small, and the sockets, to screw in those suspension components like that!:thumb:

vbsargent

With all the wonderful modeling that I have seen on these forums I am constantly astonished with the intricacy of models and the skills of those building them. I am also continually amazed that these beautiful models are made from paper.

Bravo, my hat is off to you Janos1962.