GP15 Intake Grills

babydot94513

Member in training
Sep 1, 2002
Brentwood, Ca
Visit site
I am looking for intake grills for the GP15-1 locomotive. My intel tells me that A1 Models makes/supplies this under part number #1013.

I have been unable to locate this part and any information on a source would be appreciated.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
I have no idea about the A1 models parts, but there were grills made for the SD40T-2 that could be modified to fit the GP15-1.I don't remember who made them, and I don't know if they're still available.
Pete

mcjaco

Aug 8, 2005
Chicago
Just saw this post. Thought I'd show my CFNR GP15. This one is done (it needs to be decoderized). I have one ready for the paint shop and, one that needs to get details put on. They're all Walther's units, which unfortunately are out of production. I'm still looking for undec SD-9's as well.....

ack.sized.jpg

babydot94513

Member in training
Sep 1, 2002
Brentwood, Ca
Visit site
The California Northern, Puget Sound and Pacific and the California Arizona are all former Park Sierra Company railroads now owned by Rail America group. Paint schemes are the same for the most part.

JD

eightyeightfan1 said:
Nice looking loco.
Is that paint scheme based on the California and Arizona railroad, or did they change the name since I was out there in '90?

mcjaco

Aug 8, 2005
Chicago
As Jeff said, all three of those railroads are through one owner. I beleive the Arizona & California was the first of the three to wear the paint scheme.

Interestingly enough, Athearn did a Gunderson Husky stack in AZCR. I found out yesterday that they hauled hay with them.

The CFNR is a great regional to model, a good deal of traffic and great scenery. Now if someone out there would make a good GP15.....

babydot94513

Member in training
Sep 1, 2002
Brentwood, Ca
Visit site
Dick, it has been awhile since I railfanned the CFNR in Woodland/Davis. What is there schedule these days?

JD

Clerk said:
If I can remember to bring my camara when I go to Woodland, Ca. I can take pictures of the real thing. I saw a double yesterday in town. :eek:

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
They come down from the North (chico or Redding??) in the morning do a lot of switching, drop off, spotting, pickup and park their engine on the northeast side of woodland. There is a tiny cafe there and it serves real good food. They are in the area from 4 to 8 hours each day.
This picture just shows a single engine. Usually they run doubles.

babydot94513

Member in training
Sep 1, 2002
Brentwood, Ca
Visit site
I think you need a road trip to California to see not only the California Northern but also to see where the Central Pacific started its eastward trek<g>

JD

mcjaco said:
Ah to be lucky enough to railfan it anyday you like......it's a little tough being in Chicago! :rolleyes: