Got my bridge in, but need some input!

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by trainsteve2435, Nov 25, 2006.

1. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

I agree; when viewed from eye level, your scene appears to be a lot deeper than in the earlier views, before the scenery was installed, and shot from a higher angle. The mini- scene that you're creating here will also draw attention away from the fact that the backdrop is so close, as the bridge and river will attract the viewer's eye.
    The way you want to create your "water" effect will determine how you should paint the riverbed. Here's a link to some water scenes that I created on my first attempt at modelling water:

Finally, the "Pictures at 11:00" or quick Noah, get the boat...

If you scroll down after all the much-appreciated comments, there's a short explanation of how the scenes were done. (The use of Durabond refers only to my method, and you can disregard that part of the process, as you already have the plaster base in place.) While this method is very easy, there are many other types of materials and methods for making "water", and I'm sure that you'll get some other suggestions.

2. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Looking Good.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  3. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

Steve, you’ve done a great job. Can’t wait to see it finished. :thumb: :thumb:
  4. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Steve I like the choice of drink you have there.sign1
  5. ocalicreek

ocalicreek Member

The slope across the backdrop from right to left is really nice...leads the eye around the bend of the river. Keep 'em coming!

6. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Steve: do you have a picture in your mind of how the area is going to be detailed? Is it going to be populated (lightly) with folks enjoying the river?
    Just asking, because adding people or boats or whatever after you pour the water can be a problem.
  7. Amrap1

Amrap1 Member

I plan on doing a bridge very similar to yours. Nice job and alot of good info in this thread!

8. tjohn

tjohn New Member

Once you get your base down. The Woodland Senics rubber molds with plaster paris work well.