Got a few deals at the flea market today

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I went to the flea market today and met with an older gentleman who is getting out of Model railroading. Two weeks ago I managed to get 7 atlas N/S turnouts for 25$ in good shape. This week I got two athern GP-9 shells in CNR colors, 1 frame, 1 gold can motor with flywheels and a small box of universals, worm gears and motor mounts. Originaly he told me that he wanted 25$ for the lot but I managed to dicker him down to 15.
I'll be using one of the shells to build my doodlebug project, and the other shell, frame and motor will be the start of a new GP-9 for my roster, since I already have the trucks. The other parts will just go into the 'spares collection.
In the next week I hope to meet with the gentleman again and work out some more deals. Seems he collects hotwheels cars and I've got a few hundred mint on the card that he's intrested in. He's still got all of his rolling stock and engines that I'll be looking over. All he has of the engines that I'm intrested in is 2 athearn GP-9s in BN and the rest are all newer era diesels that don't fit in with my era. He's painted them all BN but the paint jobs aren't very good so I hope to get a good deal on them. :D