Gost in the shell proyect...

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by axel, Sep 17, 2008.

1. axel

axel New Member

ok, the geometry of the figure is set, now im working on the color... then I will move on to the accesory weapons and the big tank shes going to be fighting with... im not really sure how to show the photos, so i will put them up in the attachments.
    Hope you like them, and any input/ comments will be appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Wow! I think the Major will look good in paper. I've seen some Tatchikoma models around too, going to build one of those to help her out?
  3. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Very WOW!

Good looking model so far!

ARMORMAN Guest

5. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Excellent - She is looking really good. Great lines for a paper figure. I'll look forward to seeing the coloured version. Was she difficult to build ?
  6. axel

axel New Member

Strangely, making Kusanagi was a lot easier than I thought! As I haven´t figured out how to export autocad data into pepakura, I went low tech; after making the sketch I made a figure in DAS clay; when the clay hardened I carved it so it was composed of curved planes, and then I covered it with a skin of masking tape. I cut the skin along the edge of the planes and flattened it on a paper, which was scanned... then I just printed it, and assembled the first trial, the one in the photos.
    ok, here is the sketch of the complete model...its a mix of the fight scene in the movie and a chapter of the manga... I did some redesigning of the battle tank, and in this one Mayor Kusanagi is not getting so damaged in the fight... I plan on making the background column optional, maybe to work as a wall hanging display base.

Attached Files:

• gb2.jpg
      File size:
      85.1 KB
  7. Nexus9

Nexus9 Member

Das! Oh boy, I had Das years ago when I was a kid. I was inspired to make some figures based on Ray Harryhausen's models, but they were not very good. I really like what you've done with Motoko.
  8. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Really, really nice Major! What did you use to design this? Just pen and paper? XD
  9. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Superb! Thanks for sharing this with us :)
  10. axel

axel New Member

update!! color trial built!!!

Hello, sorry for the delay, was busy working... where does one get a work designing these things,anyway?
    I build a first color trial on a big scale, to be able to see all the problem spots with ease. There are a few (where I fought geometry and lost), but nothing that a few hours of work will not solve.
    Being realistic about it, I guess the model of the mayor Kusanagi and the battle tank she is fighting will be around as a Christmas present![​IMG]
  11. axel

axel New Member

I sketched the figures in pen and paper until I had a pose I liked, and then colored it in Photoshop... Its a bit rough, but I guess it captures what I want to build. Maybe later I will do a post on the construction method...