1. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

I Too Feel so much at home here with My own Kind, (LOL)!!

2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Destination Moon
  3. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Don't You think We need Robbie,C-57D, & The Ark from "When Worlds Collide", First? I have them all in diff. stages of being complete. Dest. Moon is one that will be a todo for sure. Some day I will revisit My failed attempt at "The Valley Forge".

Working as fast as the Pixels will fly, (LOL),

4. modelnutz7

modelnutz7 Member

Hi Surfduke,

Yeah I totally agree we need A Robby real bad and a C-57D, Robby is my all time favourite robot, Please design a model asap!!

5. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Thanks for Gort. I think I'm going to build a robot collection. I just built TWE's tinybot and am starting Bender. Next will be Gort and then the LIS robot. I may also build Gigantor. Robbie would be a fantastic addition. BTW, Didn't Delta 7 Studios design an Ark?
  6. Dan Shippey did indeed include a Space Ark in his "Retro Rockets" CD-ROM:

http://www.delta7studios.com/retro rockets.htm

I've built this half-size with an extra launch rail section, and it's one of my personal favorites.

For last summer's L.A. Con IV, the 64th World Science Fiction Convention (http://www.laconiv.org/), I built several of Dan's Retro Rockets as table centerpieces. (The theme was Retro-SF 1950's "Space Cadets"). For the all-metal rockets, I printed on the back of metallic paper or used glossy photo paper for the appropriate sheen. (Bad mistake -- only superglue would hold the parts together.) You can see the Space Ark, Orion, TWA Moonliner (and an enlarged Mike Hungerford Martian Maggot) here:

Smoke and flames were polyester "spiderweb" material -- spray paints don't soak into the material like cotton balls would.
  7. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Very nice David! I didn't know that you built things other than your amazing ship models.
  8. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Well I guees the Ark is out.

I did not see that one before, (Opps!). Guess that one is off the to-do list.

9. Satka

Satka Member

(I know I'm very late for the party, but still)

That is a great model, I'm definitely printing this for ext week end!

Thank you so much, TDTESS is one of these magical movies that just never left me from the moment I watched it ;)
  10. deanwormer

deanwormer New Member

One of my favorite movies! Thank you.
  11. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

This is a DEAD THREAD!!!