1. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

I am going to take a break, (From Real Space), and have a little fun this weekend. I want to do GORT, (In a 1:12th scale). I want to make sure that no other versions are out there, (Except the very small one, with the ship). I don't want to step in if someone is already working on it. Someday after Moonport, (Or during another break, (I will finally do Robbie too)). I think Gort should have the option of Visor Up and down, (What do You folks think?).

2. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

The only Gort I have seen is that tiny one with the ship from Cut & Paste Sci-Fi. The visor up and down option would be nice to have.:)
    Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!
  3. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

It is underway!

I will publish it Sunday afternoon.

4. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

One of my favorite classic Sci-Fi movies! Thanks!

5. TexasTubaMan

TexasTubaMan Member

It's not just one of my favorites, it is my absolute favorite movie of all time. Great writing by Harry Bates and Edmund North, Great directing by Robert Wise, awesome music by Bernard Herrmann.

I guess I just talked myself into putting the DVD back in the machine again tonight.

6. airbob

airbob Member

Yeah "GORT"!

Can you also reproduce the little "light-beam" thingie in his visor that he "zaps" the guns away with!...must have this also!!!:twisted:
  7. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Hey ... isn't that the phrase for recovering the 'Book of the Dead'? :p
  8. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

I just finished Him Up!

I will number the parts and publish tomorrow.

I think it means: "Stop! Don't Kick Butt!", (LOL)!

Or Maybe: "Party on! Big Tin Man!", (LOL)!
  9. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Gort LIVES!

If You are a true (FOG), You may build this one, (LOL)!

10. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Fantastic!! I agree, one of the best movies of all time!! I am still amazed how good the spaceship looks when landing in the baseball field.
  11. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

It is one of My Fav. Films too! Gort was one of those projects that needed a scale up and face lift, (LOL).

12. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

13. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Just got the file.

Man, Carl- you're a designing machine!
  14. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Thanks John

What do You think? The Original Model was a much smaller version. Many Moons back, I had a email talk with the guy from cut and paste Sci-Fi. He O.K.'d Me updating Gort. I just got around to it, (Hope it is good enough for prime time). The hands and the boots had to be redone, (Just could not get them right when they got larger). The original upper body and legs had to have the geometry changed a little, (but not much). The head was not much of a rework either, (The neck is the only part that needed no modifications).

We finally have rain, (The Smoke has been killing Us here in South Georgia). Me and the kids ran around in the Yard like a group of wild hogs, (LOL)!

15. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Looks awesome! Adding this to my list of "to do" projects.

Which I'll get to after finishing the Rodger Young and Bazookajo's Cylon Centurion helmet... :roll:
  16. airbob

airbob Member

Updated Gort!

Something a little extra for Gort!:grin:
  17. airbob

airbob Member

18. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

Wow, I truly HAVE found the right community for me. I thought I was the only one who felt this was their all-time favourite movie. Now I've met a few other supergeeks. Cool. I've watched it about a bajillion times. Looks like tonight's gonna be a bajillion and one. My poor wife...

Thanks for making the model
  19. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Oh, heck no! You aren't the only one by a longshot.

The Day the Earth Stood Still
    Forbidden Planet
    When Worlds Collide

My top 3 Classic Sci-Fi films.
  20. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Thanks for the Gort!
    ekuth, those are some of my favorite popcorn munching movies too. Kids now seem to need all of that fancy CGI stuff. Give me models on strings and backdrop paintings or Ray Harryhausen anytime.:grin: