Google Images help for backdrop details

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Ralph, May 31, 2007.

1. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

I wanted to add a few details to my backdrop to help create the illusion of depth and also to cover a couple of small spots where the masonite had been damaged after I removed some unconvincing roof top water towers I'd made.

I simply typed in "Water Towers" and later "Water Tanks" to get several pages of photos. Only a few were suitable but I think thye worked out well. I printed them, cut them out, and glued them to my backdrop.

Here is a large water tower with an unreadable town name that looked good to me as a fixture for my cement plant

Attached Files:

2. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

The images come in all sorts of sizes. I really liked the collection of small building water towers clustered together on the left. The large silver one on the right was actually a very large tower that a train could roll under in the original photo but once it was cut out it worked well on top of this building.

Attached Files:

3. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Finally here is a community water tower supposedly in the distance behind this structure. I thought the redish building and the tower looked good together....
    Oh, the large brown building tothe right is another Google image from a while ago...I believe I searched under the words "warehouse"

Attached Files:

4. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

WOW!!!:eeki: FANTASTIC IDEA RALPH!:mrgreen: i think the images you added REALLY fit in, and help make the scene:up: GREAT JOB!:up: :mrgreen: -Deano
  5. wickman

wickman Member

Wow what a great idea :eek:
  6. beamish

beamish HO & Steam Engineer

Hey I have that same warehouse on my backdrop. I am not sure if it is a permanent fixture yet or not but until i get some more real buildings built up it will work. :)
  7. myltlpny

myltlpny Member

Very nice Ralph. The perspective is excellent. I'm going to have to give that a try. Thanks for the tip.
  8. fsm1000

fsm1000 Member

Wow cool idea Ralph. Looks like it works well too. :)