Good plane to start with ?

Discussion in 'RC Aircraft & Watercraft' started by sheffbloke, Jun 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sheffbloke

sheffbloke New Member

Hi there

Am new to remote controlled planes am lookin to buy one, but there are so many to choose from, can anyone recommend a good plane to start with, i would like somthing strong and durable and also fun to use, have seen 2 Super PowerZ-200 and Fighterbird, would this be a good choice ?? i dont really want a petrol would would like an electic one really,

Any help appreciated
    Justin
  2. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

Hey, I just wanted to say, if you want a plane, make sure you have a lot of room. About 100 square yards is good, 200 is even better. I recomend the Firebird series of electric planes. They come with everything you need and they are pretty easy to get the hang of- IF you have enough room to fly. You can get a good Firebird for about $140 US dollars. There are a lot of different models of Firebirds, you can find one that suits you. Good luck! ;)
  3. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

Sooo... Did that help a bit?
  4. redheat

redheat Member

Does that 140. include all the electronics, dont no jack about these things but they sure look like alot of fun.
  5. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

Inludes everything you need to get started, alls you need is batteries. The only bad thing about them is that if you mess up electronics, you have to buy the whole fuselage, my model's fuselage was 50 bucks. Theyre pretty fun though. goto this site http://h1070635.hobbyshopnow.com/products/description.asp?prod=HBZ2500
    thats the model i have...ask if you have anymore questions...
  6. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

hey justin do you have 1 of those firebirds?
  7. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

Peices of it lol
  8. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

9. keepiru

keepiru New Member

sheffbloke,
    opinions on this one vary almost as much as the weather.....you know? A great trainer plane is the Carl Goldberg Eagle....which has now come out in an electric form called the Eagle 400 ARF. I can attest to the Eagle being a good trainer as I've built a few over the years! *G* Also the Avistar Select is another good trainer from Hobbico. Most LHS have these.
  10. SULLI

SULLI Member

well its good to start with a little petrol so u dont have 1 flight and have recharge your batterys i started on a little hawk only a 4-5ft wing span i onlt put a size 25 on it i would recomend it it is a very old plane to by naw but by far the best
  11. saturn5tony

saturn5tony New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.