good news from dr about son

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by scoobyloven, Aug 4, 2005.

1. scoobyloven

scoobyloven Member

hi all i have some good news for you all " for the one who has been here awile and know about my son this is very screwy but good news.

for all you news peps here it is i have a dissabled son who is almost 4 he has what is called canavan's it id a dissorder the turns the brain into a spongy mass bye degenerating the white matter. the childern witrh this dissorder cann't sit ,walk,talk,hold their head up ,have poor mussle tone, get sick very offten,go blind, and die within 7-10 years .

well now for the good news as most of you know my son was very sick back in feb. well they did a m.r.i and a m.r.s then and his nero dr did another set about 3 weeks ago . well we went and seen his yesterday and my son is growing new white matter on his own " with out any treatment " the dr told us that is great. when you look at this dissorder the kids with this cann't regrow new white matter on their own. he thinks it is due to his gene mutation.

but on another note he is doing very well counting down the days till we go to disney world. he is getting alot of time at the hobbie shop and in the train room. well all have a great day . :p
  2. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Hey scoob...

Glad to hear your good news! And enjoy the trips - Disney and the train room ;)

3. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

That's great Scoob. I'm sure the prayers and support you've gotten has done their job. We hope to hear of even more improvement over time. Good luck to you all.

Oh, and have a great time at Disneyword and especially in the trainroom.
  4. Zman

Zman Member

Best wishes and prayers your way.
  5. brakie

brakie Active Member

That is great news indeed! :thumb: I will keep yo and your family in my prayers.
  6. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Great news and we'll keep you in our prayers.
  7. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Great News!! :) :) :) Thanks for keeping us up to date. :D :D All our best wishes!!!!
  8. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

That is good news Scooby. You just never know do you. The human body is absolutely amazing.
  9. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Been thinking of you. Happy to hear that things are taking an upturn, I'll keep the fingers crossed, and keep you in the prayers.
  10. yellowlynn

yellowlynn Member

Scooby, the Great Physician has heard a lot of prayers on your behalf. All of us who know are absolutely delighted in the progress. Keep us up to date.

11. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Too, too cool :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Blessings, BC
  12. Zman

Zman Member

If you figure out the secret, let me know. I could stand to regrow some white matter! :D
  13. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Scooby, Great to hear this good news! I hope he continues to show improvement.

14. rksstl

rksstl Member

Cool Scoob, with all of the bad news we all here every day ( watching the news ) its great to hear some good news. :thumb:
  15. JVRR

JVRR Member

That is really interesting my sister works with disabled children at a Day care here In Kentucky And she is always telling us aboutr some kids that is starting to get Better every day. The Great Physician is surely busy heeling people.
  16. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

That is wonderful news!
  17. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Hi scoob.
    Great News.
    Can I offer a couple of Disney world sites that you should check:
    all ears .net
    Carolwood Pacific
    Carolwood Pacific is the Disney railway historical site.
    All Ears is a site for those attending Disney World. Includes a LOT of tips for special needs. (New book just out on the topic.)
  18. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

This is excellent news Scooby!!!! :thumb:

19. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

20. ausien

ausien Active Member

Great to here your good news scoob, we all hope he improves even more, you are in my prayers.
    Have a wonderfull time in disney, and may you have a better time in the train room...have a good one ..steve