good news from dr about son

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
hi all i have some good news for you all " for the one who has been here awile and know about my son this is very screwy but good news.

for all you news peps here it is i have a dissabled son who is almost 4 he has what is called canavan's it id a dissorder the turns the brain into a spongy mass bye degenerating the white matter. the childern witrh this dissorder cann't sit ,walk,talk,hold their head up ,have poor mussle tone, get sick very offten,go blind, and die within 7-10 years .

well now for the good news as most of you know my son was very sick back in feb. well they did a m.r.i and a m.r.s then and his nero dr did another set about 3 weeks ago . well we went and seen his yesterday and my son is growing new white matter on his own " with out any treatment " the dr told us that is great. when you look at this dissorder the kids with this cann't regrow new white matter on their own. he thinks it is due to his gene mutation.

but on another note he is doing very well counting down the days till we go to disney world. he is getting alot of time at the hobbie shop and in the train room. well all have a great day . :p

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
That's great Scoob. I'm sure the prayers and support you've gotten has done their job. We hope to hear of even more improvement over time. Good luck to you all.

Oh, and have a great time at Disneyword and especially in the trainroom.

JVRR

Jun 22, 2005
Louisvile, Kentucky
That is really interesting my sister works with disabled children at a Day care here In Kentucky And she is always telling us aboutr some kids that is starting to get Better every day. The Great Physician is surely busy heeling people.

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Great to here your good news scoob, we all hope he improves even more, you are in my prayers.
Have a wonderfull time in disney, and may you have a better time in the train room...have a good one ..steve