Good news for some of us waiting

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by Wyomingite, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Hi all,

For myself and many more waiting I just checked out my on line dealer and the long awaited Shays are starting to arrive. Needless to say we been waiting quite a spell and I sure hope all problems have been solved.

Ron :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :wave:
  2. Waldbahner

Waldbahner Member

I know...
    Yesterday I've got an eMail from my dealer, asking if I still interested in my ordered shay.
    The model will be shipped tomorrow :) :)
    I've wait more then one Year... But the next two weeks I will be more impatient.
  3. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

I was really surprised as Mark E-mailed that a package was on its way. I thought it was my order of more ore cars. Today it arrived and it was my two sugar pine shays. I'll have them on the rails as soon as I get off of here. Will let you know how they run.

Ron :thumb: :thumb: :wave:
  4. K.V.Div

K.V.Div Member

I picked up my two today, both Sugar Pine. I noticed that the detail and paint was very good.
    I brought them home and tried them out on the modules: smooth, quiet, great slow speed, although the top speed is quite high. Each had no trouble pulling my 42 log cars of various makes (Microtrains, Con Cor and C&S).
    All in all: Sweet :thumb:
    Looks like I am in the logging business :cool:
  5. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

You sure had to wait. I have had mine for some time now thanks to Fifer Hobbies.
  6. Bill Pontin

Bill Pontin Member

Got my undecorated unit in the mail today from Wig Wag. Gosh Atlas, it's only been a little over a year since I placed my order to reserve one. It comes with mixed blessings, now I've got to get busy and finish designing and start on my new NTrak switch-back logging module. Heck, I've got five months to be ready for the 2006 New England Winterfest. First I've got to see how much of a grade this little honey will pull with four cars. I'm hoping for better than 3 and a half percent. Gee and here I thought I had all summer and fall to camp, kayak and help the wife with her craft show endeavors. :rolleyes:
  7. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Hi All,

Both of mine are running great and I have two hours on both of them. Like KV Div mentioned the high speed is a lot more then needed but the slow speeds are great. I'm going to get more hours on mine before I add cars and then see what grades can be handled.

Ron :thumb: :thumb: :wave:
  8. Bill Pontin

Bill Pontin Member

My little Shay is stronger than I hoped. Rigged up a little consist and kept raising the grade. No problem with a 5.6% grade. Figure I will keep the grade to 1/2" per foot when I build my switchback NTRAK modules.
  9. Bill Pontin

Bill Pontin Member

Had a picture here somewhere? Maybe I should click the "UPLOAD" button. geeezzzzzzz!
  10. Bill Pontin

Bill Pontin Member

Will try one more time for the picture.

Attached Files:

11. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Hi Bill,

I have some grades on my layout but nothing near what your mentioning. I will haft to raise up my cooky cutter and see what my two will do. Will yours do that with the cars you have on there?

Ron :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :wave:
  12. Waldbahner

Waldbahner Member

That Looks good and sounds great. I hope my Shay will arrive this week.
  13. rich maiorano

rich maiorano Member

checked with my LHS tonight and no word about my shay :confused: :confused: :confused: and my roundhouse is still some where between here and denmark :mad: :mad: :mad: Rich
  14. davido

davido Member

my LHS recieved my ordered shay friday, placed it on the shelf and promptly sold it to someone else.:confused: :(

however, they were in atlanta for a trainshow and got another for me from a dealer friend of thiers.:)

just have to find 15 minutes to go get the thing.

15. davido

davido Member

picked up my shay today. my wife is going to have a fit when she sees the credit card slip.

16. rich maiorano

rich maiorano Member

:curse: :curse: still waiting :curse: :curse: Rich
  17. Waldbahner

Waldbahner Member

I'm too... I think my one will be swimming over the ocean at this time...
  18. Waldbahner

Waldbahner Member

Good morning,

my Shay arrived last weekend and is a great model and runner. Next time, I'll start some conversions on my model :

- Couplers (nearly done)
    - new stack (done)
    - open cab with new watertank
    - conversion to wood burner
    - weathering
    - details