Good news for some of us waiting

Hi all,

For myself and many more waiting I just checked out my on line dealer and the long awaited Shays are starting to arrive. Needless to say we been waiting quite a spell and I sure hope all problems have been solved.

Ron :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :wave:

I know...
Yesterday I've got an eMail from my dealer, asking if I still interested in my ordered shay.
The model will be shipped tomorrow :) :)
I've wait more then one Year... But the next two weeks I will be more impatient.

I was really surprised as Mark E-mailed that a package was on its way. I thought it was my order of more ore cars. Today it arrived and it was my two sugar pine shays. I'll have them on the rails as soon as I get off of here. Will let you know how they run.

Ron :thumb: :thumb: :wave:

K.V.Div

I picked up my two today, both Sugar Pine. I noticed that the detail and paint was very good.
I brought them home and tried them out on the modules: smooth, quiet, great slow speed, although the top speed is quite high. Each had no trouble pulling my 42 log cars of various makes (Microtrains, Con Cor and C&S).
All in all: Sweet :thumb:
Looks like I am in the logging business :cool:

Bill Pontin

Got my undecorated unit in the mail today from Wig Wag. Gosh Atlas, it's only been a little over a year since I placed my order to reserve one. It comes with mixed blessings, now I've got to get busy and finish designing and start on my new NTrak switch-back logging module. Heck, I've got five months to be ready for the 2006 New England Winterfest. First I've got to see how much of a grade this little honey will pull with four cars. I'm hoping for better than 3 and a half percent. Gee and here I thought I had all summer and fall to camp, kayak and help the wife with her craft show endeavors. :rolleyes:

Hi All,

Both of mine are running great and I have two hours on both of them. Like KV Div mentioned the high speed is a lot more then needed but the slow speeds are great. I'm going to get more hours on mine before I add cars and then see what grades can be handled.

Ron :thumb: :thumb: :wave:

Bill Pontin

My little Shay is stronger than I hoped. Rigged up a little consist and kept raising the grade. No problem with a 5.6% grade. Figure I will keep the grade to 1/2" per foot when I build my switchback NTRAK modules.

Hi Bill,

I have some grades on my layout but nothing near what your mentioning. I will haft to raise up my cooky cutter and see what my two will do. Will yours do that with the cars you have on there?

Ron :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :wave:

davido

my LHS recieved my ordered shay friday, placed it on the shelf and promptly sold it to someone else.:confused: :(

however, they were in atlanta for a trainshow and got another for me from a dealer friend of thiers.:)

just have to find 15 minutes to go get the thing.

david

Good morning,

my Shay arrived last weekend and is a great model and runner. Next time, I'll start some conversions on my model :

- Couplers (nearly done)
- new stack (done)
- open cab with new watertank
- conversion to wood burner
- weathering
- details