good morning y'all

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by buffalowings, Jun 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buffalowings

buffalowings New Member

my main hobbies are plastic models, collecting diecast, playing video games and finally..throwing boomerangssign1 I'm a serious boomerang fanatic and FYI, they return
    and, I'm looking to start another hobby, card modeling
    now for some help, what are the basic tools I need to create agood looking/decent model?:confused:
  2. Maico Shark

Maico Shark Guest

Welcome to Zealot, we're glad to have you. Currently undergoing some rebuilding so pardon our construction mess. We have a great group of modelers onboard so I'm sure you'll find answers to your questions. We also have hundreds of thousands of posts including tutorials that can guide you. Just use our search feature and all this knowledge is at your fingertips.
  3. Retired_for_now

Retired_for_now New Guy

Basic card modelling tools are something to cut with (scissors, X-acto, or fancy high quality blades - all work), something to fasten with (tape, glue-sticks, Elmers, super-glue, ...), and a model to start on. Seriously, you can go basic or fancy but you probably already have all the tools you'll need. Check the various build threads here for more info on choices.
    First projects can be found by Googling your interest area along with either "paper model" or "card model" in the search.
    If you like boomerangs, start with free paper toys at . Follow the "free paper toys" link at the bottom of the page for an index that will take you to many interest areas.
    Once you do one or two, you can tackle some complex free or commercial kits - properly done they rival any plastic or die cast model.

4. buffalowings

buffalowings New Member

I think this is enough to start with, knife, excel #11 blades (from my private vintage) cutting mat, small scissors, white glue, aluminum rods, tweezers, metal ruler and oh yes, a brain
  5. Maico Shark

Maico Shark Guest

Please post your first build so we can all chuckle and offer sage advice.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.