Good luck Florida

spitfire

Here's wishing all our friends in Florida a safe passage through Hurricane Charlie. (No relation to any other Charlie's we may know).

Val

Tyson Rayles

Sir Prize is right in the path I hope he is in something solid or has gotten out as they are starting to feel the effects down there now and it has just been upgraded to a cat 4 storm.

animal71bj

looks like i am going to be in it to, so thanks for the comments guys.

geuss we are not racing this weekend.

best of luck and saftey to any other modelers in fl.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Wow, Charlie looks serious and will inconvenience a lot of folks. Hope the winds aren't as strong as predicted. Only time I had to leave home was because a train derailment when I lived in Mississauga. That wasn't at all pleasant so my thoughts are with all the poor folks that have to find somewhere to live till it's safe to return

hey!

Thanks for the comment guys. They evacuated the whole neighborhood around me (except our part), but it was deemed unnecessary due to Hurricane CharLEY making a turn inland at Ft. Myers. Luckily, us in Tampa got spared, but I feel incredibly bad for our southern counterparts. I'm hope you guys are okay riding out the storm...

It's sort of a sad irony because they evacuated the counties around Tampa Bay, and those people escaped to Orlando. But the storm missed Tampa and headed to Orlando!

Good luck to my fellow Floridians! Stay safe!

Devon

rcwatkins

Man, the pics from Ft. Charlotte don't look very promising. Stay safe in FLA. I hear that it's not over yet. It's supposed to hit Northern SC and Southern NC tomorrow. They're covering it on the Weather Channel. They showed a reporter trying to hang on in Ft. Charlotte. And if you folks in the Northeast think you're safe, you're supposed to have a miserable weekend dealing with up to 6" of rain. Now the eyeof Charley is located over Orlando, and it's racing up to Daytona. More than a million people have no power. I bet it sounds really bad down there. There are more tropical systems developing out in the Antillies. There were reports of 17" of rain in Naples.

Here in TN the weather is a COMPLETELY different story. It got all the way down to 47 this morning and the nice (but COLD for August) weather should continue through the weekend.

RailRon

My thoughts are with all who got hit by Charlie in Florida - best of luck for them all! In our news (here in Switzerland!) they reported wind speeds up to 160 mph - and that's really not fun in anyone's language! :(

Judging from the satellite maps on the web Charlie is now heading to the states north of Florida. Therefore I also cross my fingers for all the people in Georgia, the Carolinas and so on. I wish to all of you that Charlie loses power and fizzles out as soon as possible!

Ron

RailRon said:
My thoughts are with all who got hit by Charlie in Florida - best of luck for them all! In our news (here in Switzerland!) they reported wind speeds up to 160 mph - and that's really not fun in anyone's language! :(

Judging from the satellite maps on the web Charlie is now heading to the states north of Florida. Therefore I also cross my fingers for all the people in Georgia, the Carolinas and so on. I wish to all of you that Charlie loses power and fizzles out as soon as possible!

Ron

At Peurto Gorda, where they eye came on shore, the Anemometer broke in a gust of 173 mph!

I'm a good 200 miles inland, but we have some heavy rain on the way here.

animal71bj

we made out ok, it didn't hit us like they were planning, it exited south of us in daytona, so lost power for about 11hours, some yard work to do, not major, thankfully.

some areas took a pretty hard hit from this storm. hope every one is alright.