Good enuff

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Relic, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Relic

Relic Member

It's a good thing I'm lenient about details.I went to show on the weekend{17th}and was lucky enough to find two RDC's in my price range{nearly free}looked on my favorite site for CN photo's only to find out that the windows are wrong on both,I didn't notice this detail 'till I'd painted them both{they were N.H}
    Next warm day{no heat in garage}I'll try and get some pics
  2. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

that a triumph in your pic? i have a 1966 im working on, custom hardtail frame, 45 degree rake.
  3. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Windows? I don't see any windows! :) Yeah, don't sweat the small stuff unless you're planning on entering them in a contest or something! Enjoy the RDCs!
  4. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Relic, which windows are wrong? And are you sure that CN didn't have something else that would match?
  5. Relic

Relic Member

Ozzy:Yesser that one is a '68 front frame,'72 forks '70 engone,well the cases are '70 the rest is stuff i had laying arround,I also have a '65 T120 and m'lady has a "'69" T120.Pm me off site I love talkin' bikes
    60103:The "real" coach has eleven windows ,the Athearn has ten.The real combine has six and the athearn has five.
    It's really not a big deal nobody that sees them is gonna know the difference, As long as stuff doesn't look too "toylike" and is in scale I can live with it{with my budget I have no choice,}
  6. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

OK, I know about Athearn. What you get with Athearn is a nice tremble and shake from the drive, just like the real thing. My first HO train set was a pair of RCDs.