good electric truck for a kid?

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by tg413, Mar 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tg413

tg413 Member

What is one of the slower electric hobby grade trucks out?For my 6 yr old son, something i could upgrade in the future as he progresses.He already drives my stock xxxnt but its a tad too much for him. thanks... later
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Rustlers are nice vehicals and very strong if he does and probly will hit something, I can remember my first rc days :D. Also ive heard the Associated b4's are good trucks also.
  3. stampede is a good truck
  4. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

get him either a t4 or maybe a xxx-t. both great trucks and race ready but go about 24mph stock or somewhere around there. my evader st is a good truck for starting and ca be raced but if you have the money i would go with the t4
  5. Steve M

Steve M Member

The Associated T4 truck in the RTR SE package would be my best recommendation. It has everything you need to start enjoying offroad and once your son becomes more proficient, this truck is more than up to the task of racing.
  6. tg413

tg413 Member

Thats a nice setup,isnt the matt francis xxxt similar to that?I think its gonna be a toss up between the 2.Thanks for the reply's
  7. monsterrcbuilder04

um check out the new issue of rcca. i think its the june issue or maybe its april. they have an article about the t4 and xxxt and the t4 was the better truck i think
  8. rustler

rustler Member

try a duratrax evader that was my first and that worked well for me
  9. redheat

redheat Member

T3 ,T4, and if your in the market for a buggy a B4, drop a stock motor in it and go , as he gets better up grade the ESC and motor and race each other, RED
  10. gaz_r36

gaz_r36 Member

wot about a mini quake or summit like that
  11. minitrucker

minitrucker Member

he asked for a slower truck, not the mainstream trucks. Id say go with a tamiya stadium blitzer or a tamiya pajero or something along those liknes and just use a stock silver can motor and gear it for less speed.
  12. gaz_r36

gaz_r36 Member

the pajero i wud say ye and then we "it" is older they can mod it like mine
  13. monsterrcbuilder04

well he said something slower but something he could mod later on. the t4 is the best truck for that because they maek everyhting for those. the pajero is nice too but im just not a big fan of tamiya design.
  14. gaz_r36

gaz_r36 Member

u cant get the pajero any more from tower
  15. tg413

tg413 Member

Ended up getting him the t4 rtr and it is a pretty nice setup, still a little fast but he'll get it, then its upgrade time.Im not really that versed on the electric motors, can someone point me in the right direction of what would be a nice "next step" engine? Am i correct to say the less turns the engine the faster it is? All ive ever had were nitro except for the cheapo electrics so some insight is definately appreciated.Can you mod electric motors? Thanks for the reply's. take care
  16. tg413

tg413 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.