good bye

Discussion in 'Radio Control & Other Propulsion Methods' started by paul a, May 9, 2007.

1. paul a

paul a Member

i feel there has not been a very good responce to this post and i,m realy trying to break new ground in the paper modeling i think it is time to spread my wings and start a new group i want to thank the people that suported my ideas .and to reasure them i will continue just some where else. paul adams
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Just because people dont respond doesnt mean people arent interested..... In any case I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors. Hope you change your mind.
  3. rickstef

rickstef Guest

just because there are only a few threads in this section is no reason to be discouraged, keep in mind, your X-1 thread has the most views, even over Mike's Red Hawk conversion, and his Air powered -71

i am interested in the paper mache idea, never thought about using that as a skinning method.

stick around, what you do now, might pay off in the future when someone else might get the idea to fly an RC paper model

4. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Paul, sorry you feel that way, but you do what you feel you have to do. Just please stay in touch, you have my email, would still like to help out with the X-1. God Bless, and thank you.
  5. DrBill

DrBill Member

Paul, here's a photo of someone (and one of his planes) who has enlarged FG models, printed them on foam somehow, and loaded them with electric motors and 2-channel (I think) RC equipment. I don't believe he ever built a paper model, but he came by the IPMC paper model convention in Herndon, VA last fall to show his planes and meet the FG folks on hand. I've got to think there's some synergy here!

View attachment 10943
  6. rickstef

rickstef Guest

i actually remember that shot Bill,

2004 if i recall, and i remember seeing him at the past one
    made quite a stir amongst us too

7. Nekayah

Nekayah Member

I second what others have said about the difficulty of judging interest by responses. Especially when you are trying to break new ground, it takes people a while to catch up with a different way of looking at something. I'm definitely interested in what you are doing and I look in here, but I am too far back in the learning curve to have been ready to contribute. Internet forums are pretty remarkable for enabling us to share interests and information in ways not possible before, but really pretty poor for enabling us to get an idea of what influence we are having. Think of the folk who spend long hours and days designing a model, put it up, and don't hear a peep from us, though we may be silently downloading and building up a storm! Anyhow . . . best wishes, and thanks for your contributions.
  8. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Hi Paul,

I'm going to hazard a guess that you don't get much contribution because most people here are static modellers and probably don't feel they have anything useful to contribute. I've noticed that while my Anime threads get well read, they don't attract that many contributions. You thread is well read, showing people are interested. However, you may get more active participation if you posted on an R/C based forum.

It's always hard doing something new. Once you have a successful flight and posted a video you might encourange more people to enter the field. Peronally I'm eagerly awaiting the completion and successful flight of your X-1. Please let us know where you go if you do start posting elsewhere.

Good luck with the project.
  9. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

i like your ida paul and i shor like any member on this forum

i realy intristing on your work as i tray to make it as well with JHON P47 but i not have any ida how to start
    i look at your trade just to found some info about how to start to make it

u think u can help us to gut this kind of info as a RC man :)?
  10. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Ba-Ple-Don-Go (Baby Please Don't Go)

Paul, I am in with Golden Bear. I read lots of posts here that have nothing to do with my interests, BUT, the things I read are so awe inspiring that I keep coming back for more.

We NEED you bro, you are not afraid to tell it like it is!!!

Stick'll get worse! lol
  11. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

I'm totally agree with all my friends here, and also with you Paul, because there are many times I just want to read threads and post nothing, but that keeps me alive.

All the best for you.
  12. I did read your thread Paul, but honestly I just didn't understand what you were trying to get across. Since "huh?" is rarely a good reply, I didn't leave a response. Anyway, good luck in your future endeavors.

13. cygielski

cygielski Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but do ostentatious goodbyes ever actually end in the "departing party" actually departing? Seems to me like they're mostly just calls for a pat on the back from people who feel underappreciated for one reason or another. Kind of annoying, actually.
  14. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

I've got a different take on it. I think it's people who have every intention of leaving, but feel they want to make a polite exit rather than just leaving a subject unfinished. I'm going to hazard a guess that they decide to stay once they see the response from other people. However, I could be completely wrong.....
  15. motokid

motokid New Member

I agree with Mark. Besides, even if he is just seeking a pat on the back, he deserves it, everyone deserves one from time to time.

Paul, Even if your ideas dont seem to stick very well here, definitely keep in touch. Everyone here has great ideas including yourself and as others have mentioned, a lot of people here are just browsing around trying to find that one post that might have the answer... and it could be yours!

hope to see you around!8)

16. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

I, personally am more annoyed by people who leave without saying goodbye.
    I am also annoyed by people who read the posts, but rarely offer a " good job", or "huh" or ":grin:" (which even I can

For myself, I was OUTTA HERE a little while back. The OVERWHELMING response from all the wonderful people here prompted me to stay.

This was not a cry for help, or a pat on the back. This is called communication. I spent a year and a half sharing EVERYTHING about myself to people who responded with incredible could I leave without showing respect and saying goodbye?

Several people here, took the time to email me and say hi and offer their opinions on how to deal with this motley crue...I was convinced of many things including a new way to see things.
  17. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Thats a shame, you had some good ideas. Hope to see you around. Check your emails.
  18. paul a

paul a Member

you are completely right.i had all intention to go.but thanks to woodengraver i,m staying.need to finish what i started anyway.and in the future if you do not understand that i am talking about please tell me. sometimes my mind works 10 times faster than i can think and things get jumbled.
  19. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I gotta tell ya, I'd be a lot more active in this section if I could afford the RC stuff (read: If The Missus would allow me to buy it). I've always been a huge fan of R/C vehicles, but according to The Missus (and the ex, when it was her call) I have better things to spend my money on.

Wives, you don't feed 'em or buy 'em clothes and they start to nag.... :cry:

But your ideas of using something as light as paper for R/C models just makes too much sense not to pursue it.
  20. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

As one who got POed because of a post(er), I too had thoughts of leaving, until some very good people, informed me that there was something else going on that I was completely unaware of. And explained that to me, and asked me to stay.................<cough> Thanks Russell! Thanks Barry! <cough>

I hope you do stay and post.

I find them interesting, and to be truthfuly honest, the reason I got into card modeling was beacuse I was searching for info on doing foam R/C aircraft. That led me to FG which got me to here and as they say "the rest is history................"

When things setting down more in my life, I want to follow that R/C thing and your post will be a path for me to follow............... so I'm shelfish and hope you stay so it won't be hard for me to get started on that path!:grin: