golf course

would you prefer mini golf or a proper golf course on your layout?

• I'd prefer the mini golf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd prefer the normal golf course

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

beegor

Aug 30, 2006
england
hi i am new to the train world and i wanted to make a golf course on my layout but i have absoulety no idea of how to make 1 how can please give me some suggestions thanks a lot

caliban

May 3, 2006
Lower-Saxony, GERMANY
Hi beegor,

do you play golf? If so, you can use a score card from a prototype golf course for the layout of your golf course. You could use different types grassmats and fine turf for fairways and rough, water effects for the ponds and fine sand for the bunkers. Golf players are available from Woodland Scenics and Preiser. Don't forget to add a few trees and a 13th hole.

beegor

Aug 30, 2006
england
my golf course

i quite like the idea ofthe mini/crazy golf course it would probably be easier to design but thanks for your idea caliban, it think when I redesign or extend my layout i will definately use yuor idea thank for the help any more ideas are welcome:)

beegor

Aug 30, 2006
england
caliban said:
Hi beegor,

do you play golf? If so, you can use a score card from a prototype golf course for the layout of your golf course. You could use different types grassmats and fine turf for fairways and rough, water effects for the ponds and fine sand for the bunkers. Golf players are available from Woodland Scenics and Preiser. Don't forget to add a few trees and a 13th hole.

yes i do play golf and when i get time i will use ur idea thanks a bunch i really appreciate this

caliban

May 3, 2006
Lower-Saxony, GERMANY
Your're welcome,

post photos when you're done. A golf course or a part of a golf course might be a good idea to fill an area on the edge of a layout, wich is too small for an industry or something else. I'm not aware of a manufacturer who makes models of golf carts.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
A minigolf course wouldn't take up much room but might be a real point of interest. You could have a lot of fun designing the themes for each hole. On the other hand, you could model only a portion of a real golf course, maybe even only one hole with the assumption that the rest of the course was "off layout".
Ralph

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
I think that while the mini-golf could be a lot of fun, it would be a lot more work than simply one or two holes of a regular golf course. Your choice depends on how much time you've got... ;) :D

Andrew

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
The beauty of a golf course is that you can model one or two holes in the corner of the layout. You don't have to try to fit in the whole course. In fact, if you found the fairway and hole too big for your space, you could model the green, some rough around the green with sand traps and a water hazard, and just do part of the approach. If the approach was on a dog leg, you could show the "green end" of the dogleg, and hide the rest behind trees or a hill, or other view block.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
In Cannan Conn, The Cannan Golf Clubs' Ninth Tee runs along side the Houstonic RR's main line, and is across from the engine house and yard. A few "slices" have been reported to hit a loco or two parked at the engine house.