Going loco for August

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Yeah, that's right, we're going to go loco for the August photo competition, Locos in Action we'll call this one. We're looking for pictures of locos, large or small, from Prototype down to whatever scale you model, large steam engines, small switch engines, we don't care, but they've got to be working. We can't have locos just standing around doing nothing now, can we? :rolleyes: The more you get in the shot, the better. Man, wouldn't it be nice to see two or three steam engines side by side coming at you, or a consist pulled by four or five diesel engines heading across a bridge. You can do some touch-up if you please to add a bit of magic to your picture.

Now the exciting part, the winner of this competition will not only get accolades and attaboys beyond belief, but will be honored on the front cover of the October issue of the Gauge Emag. Now that and about another $6.00 will get you a latte at Starbuck's.:D

Anyway, here are a few of the rules, the rest are in this thread right here:
  • The picture must contain one or more locos doing work
  • The picture can be of any scale including full-scale
  • The picture must have been taken by the person entering it. It can be old or new.
  • You may add some spice to the picture by doing a little photo magic if you are so inclined, like adding smoke or steam, adding motion or a different background.
  • We are going to go with the newest way of entering, which is really the old way, stooges8 by posting your pics and comments in this thread. When the contest ends, I will construct a voting thread that will include all the pictures, but no comments. We'll keep trying until we get it right.:thumb:
  • The contest will close sometime on September 15th, after I've had my coffee and read the news and the cartoons.:wave:
Good luck to all...

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Thomas The Tank Engine pulls into the station at Strasburg, PA to unload a bunch of happy children and pick up his next load of passangers :D :D

Attachments

• TomasWide.jpg
    TomasWide.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,114

shaygetz

A Southern Pacific AC 9 pulls into Los Angeles yard with a full milk train. She don't need no helpers....:thumb:

Attachments

• ray2a.JPG
    ray2a.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 587

spankybird

OTTS Founder
Here are some 'O' Gauge 4-4-0's (made by MTH)
47b4d806b3127cce9a926d13675a00000007108IZMmrFwxbA

:wave:

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
The very last GE U-Boat off the line, U36B, Naugatuck Valley RR, pulls a work train into Torrington. Still in Providence & Worsters paint.

Attachments

• lastuboat.jpg
    lastuboat.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 514

RailRon

Blowing her whistle, the 50 3673 (a German steam engine) accelerates her excursion train on the famous 'pig tail line' in Southern Germany.

Ron

Attachments

• 50-3673 Anfahrt b.jpg
    50-3673 Anfahrt b.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 487

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
A rare sight; two PC units with the Red P logo! Seems that a lot of Penn Central modelers tend to have more of these than might be prototypical but I like to think maybe the road's fortunes would have fared better had the paint scheme been a little more interesting than just black and white...well, maybe not since photos of some of the real units show that the red P often faded to a sick pink over time! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• dieselthread.jpg
    dieselthread.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 523

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Here is my all time favorite! K-36 mudhen on the Cumbres and Toltec scenic nearing the pass at Cumbres southbound for Chama with a load of railfans in tow.

Attachments

• DCP_2296.jpg
    DCP_2296.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 453

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
I think we need to kidnap all photos from the "Loco of the week" thread and hold them here as prisoners of war. Here we've got a fairly general contest this month of Locos in action and we have a grand total of 9 photos. In the "Loco of the week" thread, the topic is much more specific (diesel switchers) and there are already 38 photos most of which are more than capable of being worthy contest entries. What's up with that?

ezdays

Out AZ way
TrainNut said:
I think we need to kidnap all photos from the "Loco of the week" thread and hold them here as prisoners of war. Here we've got a fairly general contest this month of Locos in action and we have a grand total of 9 photos. In the "Loco of the week" thread, the topic is much more specific (diesel switchers) and there are already 38 photos most of which are more than capable of being worthy contest entries. What's up with that?
I wondered the same thing, maybe some members shy away from competition. I wouldn't, the rewards are great this month so yeah, if you have one in the "loco of the week" thread, you can still enter the same one here. :wave:

announce1 announce1 announce1 announce1So let's get with the program people......:D :D :D :D We need your photos. Pleeeeeze....tooth1 tooth1

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
ezdays said:
I wondered the same thing, maybe some members shy away from competition. I wouldn't, the rewards are great this month so yeah, if you have one in the "loco of the week" thread, you can still enter the same one here. :wave:

announce1 announce1 announce1 announce1So let's get with the program people......:D :D :D :D We need your photos. Pleeeeeze....tooth1 tooth1

I'd join if i had more scenery up, lol. luckily, all of that will be here probably before next week, and i'll finally be able to join in again! I think I got a winner of a locomotive here...

UP SD40-2

ezdays said:

ezdays, the prize for this months contest is GREAT!:D I, for one, AM going to enter:thumb: . prehaps others(like metooth1 ), just havent took a pic they feel is worthy of a win yet;) . THANKS:D -Deano

70Runner

Union Pacific C44-9W #9819 plus two other lead units head downgrade with howling dynamic brakes while two other DPU units help to bring this 7500 ton manifest safley into LaGrande, Oregon.
UP9819BlueMountains.jpg

Herc Driver

Kodachrome's first run...

This is the first sighting of a SD40T-2 as it passes by a GP60 waiting for service...

Attachments

• P8190678.JPG
    P8190678.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 306
Status
Not open for further replies.