Going... Everywhere! (sort of)

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by n810, Jul 16, 2008.

1. n810

n810 Guest

So I was thinking... I have to travel an obscene amount for work, mostly on the weekends, and it might be nice to get some reccomendations on what to do while I am out in the world. Below is my schedule, if any of you know of great happenings or cool things to do/eat/drink, or know where I might browse some kits, please let me know. I will update my schedule as I finalize things.

4/18-20 - Philadelphia, PA - will be up and down the atlantic coast in NJ as well

4/25-27 - Baltimore, MD - DC area

Early May - Atlanta, GA

Mid May - Charlotte, NC

Thanks for helping me not sit around bored in a hotel! The feds frown on bringing modeling supplies in your carry on bag, so my usual downtime activity is unavailable.
  2. Texman

Texman Guest

Rather than sit around bored, take a kit to go!

3. n810

n810 Guest

Back when i got to drive for work i did, but TSA doesn't look to kindly on the transportation of #11 xacto blades in my carry on luggage :)

I would work on designing but the POS laptop the company gave has heart failure trying to run pepakura, much less rhino.
  4. Jim Nunn

Jim Nunn Member

Why not set up a small essential tool kit and ship it UPS the first hotel you will be using or to the first distributor you will be visiting. I have done this in the past with samples and training materials. You do need call ahead and make the arrangements. The hotel will also send the stuff back to your home or office. I often take a model with me on business trips, I only sleep 4 1/2 hours a day and with out something to do I would go nuts.

Jim Nunn
  5. n810

n810 Guest

I never thought of that! I will be doing that for sure for next week. Thanks for the idea Jim!