Go have a look at a very well done B-17 by Tonino!

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Leif Oh, Aug 28, 2004.

1. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

This is II edition of the model...........
  2. Gil

Gil Active Member

It's the same model. Looks like the photographs were taken in fluorescent lighting and not corrected for it. The color is khaki upper and light blue underbody. The red in the markings has an atrocious pinkish caste to it. Good reason to make the whole thing out of aluminum foil.

I got out my Fly Model version and realized that it is different from the newer GPM release. It has construction details not found in the GPM and has several subtle design changes (the vertical stabilizer is an example).

Best regards, Gil
  3. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Light is of course a factor but they did fix the colors in the II edition. Same thing happened to Tigercat and B-25H (those are the ones I have...)
  4. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

In the Polish text the name "The Ragged Irregulars" is mentioned. Search for it, and you will come up with the 91st Bomb Group H. On their front page an aluminium B17 with the distinctive "A" is featured. Inside a lot of crew photos with olive drab B17s.

As an example you can find the "Memphis Belle". You can also find a "Blue Dreams" aircraft, but that name has nothing to do with the colour of the aircraft, rest assured.

5. Tonino

Tonino Member

Nice site Leif,
    did you see? There is even a photo of the real Chow Hound... the exact plane depicted in the Fly Model kit... it's
    here .

In any case, the one on the photos in the polish site is definitely the same plane (same serial on the tail)...

6. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Got to remember that! - L.