GM Sign

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by krokodil, Jan 25, 2006.

1. krokodil

krokodil Member

Can anybody help me with the better quality picture of this GM sign?

Attached Files:

• GM.jpg
      File size:
      1.8 KB
  2. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Have you tried a Google images search? Do you have any other info about it?

3. krokodil

krokodil Member

Yes it would be easy, but I have no idea what was the name of this sign. On the GM WEB page there is no information.
  4. MasonJar

Are we talking GM as in General Motors, or something else? If you don't know the original use of the sign, could you at least tell us what you want to do with it? Where did you find the pic you posted?

5. krokodil

krokodil Member

Yes we are talking about GM as General Motors and this sign was on locomotives in early fifties. I need a better copy to make (or draw) a new sign (decal) G12 model from GM in H0 scale.
  6. MasonJar

Have you tried the Fallen Flags site? they have lots of pictures of locos. Maybe you can find something useful there. In addition to pictures organized by railroad name, I believe there might be some demonstrator and/or manufacturer pictures too.

7. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

Have you looked at the Microscale site? I just checked their online catalog and they have a bunch of sheets for EMD demonstrators. If they have the decal you need, the prices are reasonable enough that I don't know if you would want to go to the trouble of making your own.
  8. Marxed

Marxed Member

if anyone watched barret jackson, they know what this is... the thing has a nice big GM logo on the front, not quite what you were looking for, but it's of the style and era
  9. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Hallo Krokodil!

Here is the logo - not too sharp, but at least it's a start from here. I think you can use it as a base for souping it up a bit with Photoshop or another graphics program.

Schöne Grüsse an Österreich! :D :D :D

Attached Files:

10. Freelancer

Freelancer Member

11. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

Good detective work, you guys! :thumb: :thumb:
  12. krokodil

krokodil Member

Hi guys

thank yo very much. Yesterday I also find a copy of that sign. Thank you again !