Glider style paper models

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Ashrunner, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey It's new to me! Thanks Ash!
  3. eric_son

eric_son Member

These are great!

Thanks. :)
  4. Renaud

Renaud Member

Paper gliders

I experienced Suzuki's planes ( ) last June, and for six months now, I am very very busy with paper gliders too. How far? I bought Andrew dsewar's book, and in my turn, I try to design one of my own, not so easy as it seems...
  5. Darwin

Darwin Member

These look like all kinds of fun....I may have to make a few and terrorize the chickens. Reminds me of the No-cal gumband models that were popular in the 70s-80s. I wonder how well those No-cals would convert to paper gliders? I may have to locate the box my old Scale Modelers magazines are stored in. Thanks for the link.
  6. k5083

k5083 Member

If you all like those, I designed a series of very similar models last year that I have never shared with anybody. My initial intention was to market them commercially but I found that they were too tricky for the average kid to fly. They are high wing loading, high performance affairs, something like WhiteWings. They fly well when trimmed right but are very hard to trim right and the card is too flimsy to stay in trim.

I did a P-40B, P-40E, Spitfire I, Bf 109F, Sea Fury, P-36, Spiteful, and probably a few other's I'm forgetting. All fully colored. I'd be happy to put a couple up, but I have no web site to post them. Would they be welcome in the parts bin here? Is there a size limit?

7. rickstef

rickstef Guest

if we had the parts bin up, i would welcome them all
    and we had no file size limits