Glen and I have a very important announcement

jawatkins

Aug 21, 2003
Allen, TX
Visit site
I know that you haven't seen or heard very much from Glen or myself the last few months. We've had some personal stuff going on that has kept us pre-occupied. And since January, we have been consumed with getting his house ready to sell. It seems that every moment off work has been spent painting, organizing, cleaning and working in the yard to get this house ready for market. And because of this we haven't been doing much with model railroading either - however what we wanted to announce is -

We are getting married Saturday, June 5th at the Highland Games in Arlington, TX.

Glen asked me to marry him March 2nd and I accepted.

We have chosen the Highland Games to get married because we met three years ago at the North Texas Irish Festival through some mutual friends, said "Hi" and "Bye" and went out separate ways. For the next year we would keep running into each other at venues in the Dallas area (mainly the Emerald Mist in Richardson, TX - alas, it is no longer open) that played Celtic music. During that time, we became friends and did alot of talking and realized that we had alot of things in common, including our core values. Needless to say we started dating, fell in love and now here we are.

We were not able to make the Irish festival this year because I had to work that week-end, but Glen thought it would be great to get married at the Highland Games because this was the environment where we met and fell in love.

So, we just wanted to share some good news. Now that we have gotten the house stuff out of the way, I hope to have more time to check out the Gauge and maybe get some more model railroading done once the house is sold and we get settled in a new place. While I'll be glad to move out of the huge house that we live in now, I'm not looking forward to moving....but it could be worse....

So, that's what's been going on with us....

We are getting married Saturday, June 5th at the Highland Games in Arlington, TX.

C

Catt

Judy ,from an oldtimer at the marrige dance I wish the two of you many many happy years together.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Congrats to you both!! :) :) I was best man in a Renisannce Wedding 3 years ago - we were all dressed in Garb, The Groom was a Musketeer & the Bride had a gorgous dress & I was a cleric / Priest. Really fun!!!!!

Post sone pics of the wedding if you can!!! hehehehehe

P

philip

Judy: Seem like all the pretty girls get scouped up. And to think of a wife that plays with trains.:thumb:

I wish you and Glen the best!

philip:D

jawatkins

Aug 21, 2003
Allen, TX
Visit site
Re: Step we gaily..

Originally posted by 60103
Neat. Mhairis's Wedding for the March and Pie and mushy Peas for the Wedding Feast!

Ironically, Glen plays the fiddle and can play that song, however - he won't doing it there. But we do have some great fiddle playing friends who are in local bands and will be in attendance at the festival - who knows...maybe they'll rosin up the bow and give 'er a whirl. Not sure about the mushy peas.....might have to pass on that one!

Thanks for all the best wishes from everyone. To be sure, we will post pictures as soon as we can.

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
BIG CONGRATS!!!
MANY,MANY HAPPY YEARS TO YEE!!

If your ever down my way I'll take ya'll to the Celtic Ray Pub across the
river. It's run by a fellow moved over from Irland. Got his Ma & Pa's
ashes on the wall. Not a Local beer in the house, it's all Imported.
They even have several Ales on Draft.
Right fun place, if ya' walked in one end and out the other on a
Lane in /Ireland you wouldn't think a thing of it.
Anyways... Enough of my prattle.

Best of times to ya both!!!

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
That's fantastic news Judy and Glen. All the best for the future. June is approaching fast and we will look forward to any photos that celebrate your wedding. Sounds like it will be a real hoot!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: