Glasgow Point Stave & Heading Company

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
The GLASGOW POINT STAVE & HEADING COMPANY is owned and operated by Rory Glasgow. NARA member # 53
This is another story of a NARA member taking the opportunity to own and operate a business on my MATrr.
There is still a ready market for the barrels, kegs, casks, vats, buckets and crates produced in this factory .
Goods are shipped throughout North America mainly through the interchange with the GVR.
This is a scratchbuilt structure made primarily out of "what else", cardboard with some dowel and toothpicks and various odds and ends form my scrap box. The building is designed to fit into a long narrow triangular space. That is one of the major benefits of scratchbuilding.
It is loosely based on a picture ad from MR of the FSM HO kit that was priced at $185.00
The original is located on George Selios's Franklin & South Manchester railroad

Attachments

• gi1.jpg
    gi1.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 271

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Absolutely stunning, as usual, Robin!
A wonderful little tribute to Rory!
Thanks for sharing.

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
What a fabulous model Robin. You never cease to impress me with the magic you perform on cereal packets!! :eek: :eek:
You've weathered it such that it looks like it has always been there from the inception of the railroad ... I'm in awe of it.

Now, heres the real compliment sir ---> I've finally found a track plan for my N-Gauge efforts. I'm going to build a structure for it based on your model but not exactly the same so as to preserve the uniqueness of your model. (Imitation is the highest form of flattery :D ).

A splendid model indeed, my hat is off (again) to you sir. :)

Errol

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
Wow, Robin, that's terrific! Thanks for naming it after me. I really feel honored!

I'll have to think up a tie between the Glasgow Point Stave and Heading Company and my Copper Ridge Railway.

Hmmm...that'll be something to think about on the way to visit my Mom in Missouri. We're leaving out of here tomorrow and won't be back until Saturday.

Thanks, Robin!

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Beautiful Robin, just love it. I made a lookalike version from FSM's structure some time ago, did you do the same? Excellent work friend.

Shamus
wink.gif

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Robin,
Excellent structure ! Rory has to have some industry on the Copper Ridge that would use casks, or barrels to ship its produce.
I'll have to inquire at Sag Harbor Shipbuilding to see if there is a need for staves and hoops.
Pete

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
Originally posted by shamus
Beautiful Robin, just love it. I made a lookalike version from FSM's structure some time ago, did you do the same?
Yes Shamus, it is based on that very rare FSM kit. My version of course is N gauge George Selios is sure a master builder.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Robin,
It was a great structure George came out with and I did also make it in N-scale, here is my N version.
Shamus

Attachments

• pstave.jpg
    pstave.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 147

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
Yes Rich, carboard as usual. You can see that I changed the length and depth and height from the original picture specifically to fit my needs. Now I just wish I had a camera like Shamus's but am stuck with a very early low tech model of a digital camera.

rich maiorano

Apr 27, 2002
levittown pa
you and me both all I got is a pen cam think that what they call it takes great pics outside but inside its useless maybe santa will bring me one along with more trains:D :D :D :D :D :cool: :p rich