Ginormous Tie Fighters!!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by OylPslyk, Jan 20, 2007.

1. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

Attached Files:

2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

cant upload directly if the pdf is over 2 mb however if its under 9.5 mb you can upload it to the web and then attach it to avoid the external link. Looking at yours now :)

edit - holy cow how big are these????
  3. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

if you look at his original teaser post about them, they're scaled to use the Hasbro figures as pilots. So I'm guessing slightly larger than the retail toys.

Not that I have any retail toys to measure them against.

Not me.

Uh uh.

*whistles innocently* :roll:
  4. OylPslyk

Ironically even though the new issue of figurines are smaller than the older origial ones the "life size"-to toy scale i figures has the model at least twice the size the old school toy was, remember the one with the pop-off wings?8)

the Fighter version wing is a lil over 14" tall:twisted:
  5. OylPslyk

Cough, Nudge, ...they're the uh.. yea thats it- they're the kids toys....

..mimics inocent whistleing..
  6. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Just wait till my new ink cartriges come in :)

Your design looks great, can't wait to build this one!

7. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

These look amazing OylPslyk. I think you may have done a superb job getting the main hull to go round.
  8. blitzer

blitzer New Member

Wow! 22 & 24 pages! I'll have to save up a lot of cereal boxes to glue my pages on to! I guess from the above posts, I'll be able to stick some of my kids' action figures into the cockpit? (C3P0 goes shell after years of polite impatience with everyone- starjacking a left-over Tie Fighter he leads alliance authorities on a light-speed pursuit through three star systems. He is finally brought down by an unidentified R2 unit which was livid with embarrassment! Film at 11!)
  9. panzer

panzer Member

I have both, pop-off wings Fighter and Interceptor. Regarding the size, my old-series Kenner pilots which are a little bigger than your Hasbros would also fit. I was thinking about selling my SW collection (some people are willing to pay 200 USD for "Sy Snootles and the Rebo Band" from Jabba's Palace!), but your models bring back a lot of memories...

I will go and get some flowers for my wife. [​IMG] :grin: Maybe she will allow two really big "dust catchers" made from paper.:roll:
  10. OylPslyk

I cant count how many hours i ran around the house trying to scream out the soundbyte of the tie fighters flying by as a kid....

I had managed to save most of my star wars toys and when the first prequel came out i sold the collection on ebay to some moron for $2,800. 8) I loved my toys, but i didnt love em more than 2800 bucks!!!

btw. the beta revisions(fix's & repaint), as well as the bomber & vader versions will be ready to release in about a week-10 days or so.