Gibert Pigments

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Welcome to the world of Pigments
Through its range of high performance Monastral and Monolite pigments, Gibert Pigments & Additives is a global partner to the world's leading paint manufacturers. Primary applications include automotive OEM and automotive refinish, general industrial and decorative paints, with many products suitable for use in both solvent and water-borne finishes, thereby fulfilling the requirement of 'universality' which is becoming increasingly important within the paint industry.

Plastics play an integral part of modern lifestyles - from car light clusters and toys to household goods and packaging - and our range of Vynamon pigments and Waxoline dyes keep Gilbert Pigments at the forefront of plastics coloration.

In addition to pigments for Paints and Plastics,Gilbert Pigments also offers products for Powder Coatings and Woodstains.

All product names referred to herein are trade names owned by Gilbert Pigments
The plant located in the industrial city of Abercom served by the MAT railway is based on an actual pigment plant I used to see when I commuted to Toronto on the Lakshore GO service. I had always thought it would make a good scratcbuilding project. The name was chosen from the NARA members so this one's for Larry Gilbert.
eba00157592f00000068.jpg

eba00157592f00000067.jpg

eba00157592f00000066.jpg

Yes it is mostly cardboard and a few bits of doweling and the white pipes are hookup wire.

C

Catt

Robin,at the rate you crank out these buildings maybe I should just contract my buildings out to you.:D Another good lookin' building sir.

TR-Flyer

Nov 24, 2001
SC
Visit site
Does this mean i can purchase the elusive American Flyer "green" from you?

Nice work. Your way of recycling cardboard is much better than Paperstock Dealers, Inc.
Regards,
Ted

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
I'm with Tyson...
I look forward to reading your "fictioal histories" almost as much as I do seeing pictures of those incredible structures!

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
Another great building, Robin! I wish I could get an in-person lesson on building these things the way you do. I'm looking at building the mine for the Copper Ridge sometime in the very near future. I wish I had your skill!

Well, it'll be a learning experience, right? I'll probably have a million questions for you once I get started!

-Rory

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Rory, I would surely like to be able to come and visit sometime but the value of the Canadian dollar is preventing me from making any trips into the USA.
I started scratchbuilding about four years ago when I couldn't find kits of the buildings I wanted. Specifically a steel mill and an oil refinery. As I look at the structures a built then, I find I am doing better now so experience helps. I am re-doing some of the old ones. The biggest issue is to start and keep going once you start. You will find it very gratifying. Of the tools you need you already have a sharp knife for cutting foam so it will do fine. Next in importance is to have a steel ruler to get clean lines. A sharp pair of scissors and a set of those geometry tools for right angles and forty five degrees. Artists paint brushes and a selection of acrylic paint that is sold in craft and $ stores

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Catt - I'd be leery of having Robin make buildings for you. He makes use of cardboard so extensively (and creatively) that when you get the package with your new building in it you might get the building confused with the packing material!:) :)
BillK

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Robin, you're a genious, in 30 yrs of modelling you are the only one I know who has such an industry on your layout, unique! Man that's realy cool.

Now then, having read your dissertation to convince the punters to buy shares, you forgot to mention the price per share! :D

(Are you sure you don't write advertising copy????) ;)

Errol

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
The U.S. dollar might be worth more, but they're a lot harder to come by as far as I'm concerned! So, I've gotten quite good at making things to stretch as far I can. So far, I've spent a total of $12.75 on the Copper Ridge Railway! Everything else is recycled materials. You and Shamus have proven that cereal box cardboard is a viable building material. :):):)

C

Catt

Rory,I think one of the fun parts of layout building is recycling parts of the old layout into the new one.The new layout's benchwork is 100% of the old layout (at this point in time) plus a small portion of new benchwork.

The peninsula area of the layout goes all the way back to 1979 when I built the first GVR in this house.I won't be using any track or buildings from the old layout because it was HO scale,but the track is being reused by a buddy for his new HO layout ,the buildings are being used on my clubs HO layout ,and the locos and cars were sold/swapped for their N scale counterparts.

I have yet to try Robin's scratchbuilding methods but it sure is tempting. My choice of material is Styrene ,but Robin's is definately cheaper.:D :D