Giant Papercrafts

PapierMachette

Dec 24, 2009
Hi papercrafters,

I'm new to the site only discovering it a couple of months ago and really wanted to share some of my work with everyone. But, I was nervous so I held off sharing until now.

Anyway, while I'm not much of a designer, I love taking pre-existing papercrafts and scaling them up on my computer to make them Giant or (Near) Life Size. Some of the stuff I've built are:

WALL-E and EVE I made for Maker Faire 2011 from paper-replika.com's model:
5813871002_d5c0e7a500.jpg

and GLaDOS from Billybob884's Deviantart page.
5552356425_b1d916fa79.jpg

Of course, I always site my work and give credit to the creators when credit's due.

Anyway, been really busy lately but during my winter vacation, I plan on going back and building a bunch more. Currently what I have lined up is Portal 1's Turret, BURN-E, and possibly Half-Life's DOG (full scale, need to restock on ink cartridges) :)

Anyone else enjoy this?

[YOUTUBE]KFCChmKfMQo[/YOUTUBE]

Z

Zathros

Hi Papermachete, those are some nice models you have there. I am a fan of big models! Nice job. You do really nice work, you have no reason to be shy. Even if you didn't, everyone has to start somewhere. You way past beginner though and I can understand why you are interested in designing your own models.

I edited your post to insert the YouTube Video, which can done by using the "Advanced Tab" and entering the YouTube Share Code as instructed on my signature.

PapierMachette

Dec 24, 2009
Hahaha, thanks for the responses everyone! I don't know what it is- maybe I have some kind of height complex or something (I'm 5'7'') but building giant or near fullsize versions of an 8'' model is my absolute favorite papercraft past time! Just the feel of being able to work on a project that's as big as your head and standing back a couple hours later realizing you built something that takes up your entire living room.....nothing else compares.

@Zathros Thanks for the fix!

@inky Space Model papercrafts huh? Well I've always wanted to own my own international space station- could make an awesome chandelier too:thumb:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Your work is most impressive indeed. I am fansinated with "LARGE" (Full size) models like this.
You did an AMAZING job on all that you have shared with us.
I am looking forward to seeing more of your work.