Ghostbuster proton pack and props

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by movieman, Feb 4, 2010.

1. movieman

movieman Member

Hi again,

I have just uploaded part 1 of a ghostbuster proton pack in the wnload section.... again under movies,tv and games, once approved you can start downloading, it is in PDO format, I have done it in parts to make it easier to assemble. I originally did this last year for some friends who wanted to be Ghostbusters for last halloween.

After construction of each part, I fibreglassed over the card to produce a stronger model, I used 2 layers of fibreglass tissue as this is easier to work with, a better smoother finish, but still turns out very strong. After I had completed assembly I added lights and LED effects. The finished item was amazing and went down a treat.

So here is your chance, for any would be ghostbusters ot there to make your own proton pack.

Please note: I made a mistake and the 3D model came out the wrong way round (mirrored) I did not notice this fact until I had completed all the unfolding, so to put this right I have inverted the 2D page so the model will be constructed the right way round.

Once i have uploaded all the parts you will have a full, complete proton pack.... proton gun and Ghost Trap.

So what you waiting for........... the world needs saving :)

2. movieman

movieman Member

Proton kit

here is a photo of a partly constructed ghostbuster pack and props that was constructed from my PDO files and the fiberglassed.

3. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

That is just *awesome*.

BTW, welcome, movieman! You're making a hell of an entrance! :mrgreen:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  4. movieman

movieman Member

Thank you for the greeting Ekuth and fellow cylon centurian, My suit is standard chrome, cast in fibreglass.

I have been play with papercraft for a couple of years now, kinda keeping stuff to myself as I like making prop stuff for fun, hence it is most props I have created.
    Thought it would be about time to share some with others out there, I havd started a 1:1 scale cyberman armour from the new Dr who series, but due to other commitments I have only completed the top half on computer and test built the chest and back plate armour, I am luck as a colleague of mine owns the company that creates all the Dr who monsters in the UK and I myself work in the FX industry..... the prosthetic FX industry here in the UK, papercraft is now a tool I like to use to prototype props with.

Here are 2 photos of my completed test cyberman parts.

all the best steve
  5. movieman

movieman Member

Proton pack part 2

Here you go, the next part for those who are assembling the ghostbuster proton pack. you will beable to download it once it has been approved.

Good luck :thumb:

SEBRET Member

I like it. Can't wait to see the end result
  7. 57townsman

57townsman Member

Wow movieman, I live the new Cybermen! Hope you will continue the suit, can't wait to see the completed build :thumb::thumb::thumb:

8. nevets

nevets New Member

great job just out of cureosity what is the password please
  9. 80sguy

80sguy New Member

That's awesome work dude! I've actually been working on a Proton Pack for the last few years (around 2008 or 2007). I don't use any papercraft programs though, I do it all in MS paint lol (a lot of trial and error) and none of my stuff 1:1 scale :-(.
  10. movieman

movieman Member

Ok 57townsman, and for any others who want to have a go at creating the new version cybermen, I will upload what I have done todate, I will leave the PDO unlocked so you can re edit the files so far as I only explode them enough for me to work from, same with all my stuff. I have a number of cyber parts done todate, if you do a better job on my files please share them with others on here.

I will upload parts to the download section for clearance..... have fun with them. :)
  11. ikariya

ikariya New Member

Nice work! I like the cybermen armor it kind of reminds me of the ironman papercraft projects
  12. movieman

movieman Member

proton gun

Here is a picture of the proton gun, which is nearly complete.

13. jmsantaclawzz

jmsantaclawzz New Member

Awesome. Just plain awesome.
  14. spiderthrill

spiderthrill New Member

these are realy good well done for giving us fans props we have been after .
    i have a few ideas of a PKE meter or ecto gogles but dont know how to do yet.
  15. movieman

movieman Member

I only have a partly exploded Pke meter without arms at the moment, needs finishing sometime. I have been doing this for myself and friends for a number of years now and have never uploaded anything on the net before, hence I have a large back log of stuff unfinished. I tend to only make 1:1 stuff really.

here is a picture of the PKE meter so far.

16. spiderthrill

spiderthrill New Member

that looks realy good will you upload it ?
  17. facelift

facelift Member

there in the download area
  18. spiderthrill

spiderthrill New Member

i know i'v started to build the pack allready also i'v nearly fineshed an iron man helmetas well.
  19. spiderthrill

spiderthrill New Member

once i can finish DR DOOM mask i will post a pic.
  20. facelift

facelift Member

i see you write about 1:1 scale I guess you using the template info.
    nice cant wait for more photo