Ghost Train

Knighthawk

Feb 1, 2006
MilesWestern said:
How about just a face shot, I'd imagine that the black eyes aren't too hard to see! :eek:

If I were to put a picture of my face into the public domain, I'd be guilty of a violation of The National Secrets Act of Canada, since most of my military career was spent on classified work, otherwise, I'd only be too happy to let you guys see what I look like:D !

Knighthawk

Feb 1, 2006
MilesWestern said:
Goodness Gracious! You're a living, breathing novel! You'd probably make big money writing your autobiography! :thumb: Get to it!

I've thought about it, but there's no way I'm going to get clearance for almost everything I've done. It would make a most thrilling read though.

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
Agamemnon said:
I am curious, am I the only person on this forum who does not believe in ghosts, spirits, poltergeists, deities and/or the afterlife?

I'm certain that you are not the only one. Also, Carl Sagan wrote a book called "The Demon-Haunted World" which is a must-read, but I must note that he was not a model railroader as far as I know.

I am not a ghost believer. However, I do listen to Coast to Coast AM with George Nooray and Art Belle.sign1

Here's a good question, you mention EMF? I am a Ham Radio Operator. If my antennas are not properly tuned. I can have high RF field's in the station. Guest what? My model trains are next to my radio station. As a Ham, my max power is 1500 watts Effective Radiated Power (ERP).

To make an antenna resonate or tuned. It needs to be cut a certain length. Here's the formula: f(in MHz)/468 This is a half wave antenna. You would cut the wire to it's respective length. Well, if your rails are at a piticular length. It just might be resonate to a certain frequency. Do you live by a Ham Operator, Radio or TV broadcast towe, a high power CB station, or cell tower? This intense RF field can be picked up by the resonate rails. Then turned into electricy for your locomotive.

Do you know if you take a 100w bulb and connect it to my HF (shortwave) transciever. I can make that bulb light up!!!! If I go outside under my Ham Antennas with a florencent bulb while transmitting. The bulb will glow with NO wire attacted!

Long time ago I mention adding 2 .02 microfarad capasitors across the power connections just for that case. This keeps the RF out of the layout. Also keep wires short as possibile. NEVER coil wires. This can act like an expended antenna.

To me it sounds like you have RF in your friends layout. Not ghost! BUT my mind is always open to the possibilities!

Andy:wave:

One more possibility is power induction. If you live near high voltage power line. Power can be induced into your rails! NO Joke. That capasitor will remove it!

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
kf4jqd said:
If I go outside under my Ham Antennas with a florencent bulb while transmitting. The bulb will glow with NO wire attacted!
That's kind of freaky in and of it's self. Kinda makes you wonder what those radio waves are doing to our brains......

Now where did I put my tinfoil hat???
dunno.gif

Welcome to the wonderiful wprld of physics and even quantuim physics. Even if we had no radio. We still would be bombarded by solar radiation.

Don't worry about the neighbor who's a Ham. The FCC has set up standards on our antenna setup. Besides you need alot of prolong exposure to RF to cause any damage. With the ezception to microwave engergy. That can cook your insides!

Andy

Knighthawk

Feb 1, 2006
Hey kf4jqd, yep checked all of that. I've made sure to educate myself on all of the possible causes that could masquerade as ghosts. Thanks for the tip though!

Knighthawk

Feb 1, 2006
Hey kf4jqd, yep checked all of that. I've made sure to educate myself on all of the possible causes that could masquerade as ghosts. Thanks for the tip though!

Nomad

Sep 26, 2006
Elks Plain, Washington
I know this is waaaaaaaaaay off from railroading, but after seeing one ghost, and hearing another that sounded very hostile, I am a firm believer in ghosts.

Loren

Knighthawk

Feb 1, 2006
Good News/Bad News

The good news is that my witness reports that she hasn't seen the two BEKs that were stalking her since I dealt with the ones on my trip, so that case is at least cleared up, and I now have more evidence as to what they possibly are. From what I have seen, it appears that they could be some "missing link", or common evolutionary ancestor to the creatures we commonly refer to as vampires, and werewolves.

The bad news is that there is a (small) chance that the condition of my eyes may be permanent, and that the results of a blood test I had on my return show an unknown chemical in my blood that wasn't there when I left. It can only be classified as some sort of biological contaminant at this point, so I will be going for more blood tests today, so that the samples can be sent off to more advanced labs for further analysis.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
kf4jqd said:
I am not a ghost believer. However, I do listen to Coast to Coast AM with George Nooray and Art Belle.sign1

Here's a good question, you mention EMF? I am a Ham Radio Operator. If my antennas are not properly tuned. I can have high RF field's in the station. Guest what? My model trains are next to my radio station. As a Ham, my max power is 1500 watts Effective Radiated Power (ERP).

To make an antenna resonate or tuned. It needs to be cut a certain length. Here's the formula: f(in MHz)/468 This is a half wave antenna. You would cut the wire to it's respective length. Well, if your rails are at a piticular length. It just might be resonate to a certain frequency. Do you live by a Ham Operator, Radio or TV broadcast towe, a high power CB station, or cell tower? This intense RF field can be picked up by the resonate rails. Then turned into electricy for your locomotive.

Do you know if you take a 100w bulb and connect it to my HF (shortwave) transciever. I can make that bulb light up!!!! If I go outside under my Ham Antennas with a florencent bulb while transmitting. The bulb will glow with NO wire attacted!

Long time ago I mention adding 2 .02 microfarad capasitors across the power connections just for that case. This keeps the RF out of the layout. Also keep wires short as possibile. NEVER coil wires. This can act like an expended antenna.

To me it sounds like you have RF in your friends layout. Not ghost! BUT my mind is always open to the possibilities!

One more possibility is power induction. If you live near high voltage power line. Power can be induced into your rails! NO Joke. That capasitor will remove it!

This is why paranormal investigators use every avenue of logical and natural phenomenon as part of their investigation..As I mention 90% of paranormal activities has a natural explanations.However,90% of EVPs are not cause by CB or ham radios..When a EVP is caused by a CB or Ham radio its more defined then a regular EVP.

Knighthawk

Feb 1, 2006
brakie said:
This is why paranormal investigates use every avenue of logical and natural phenomenon as part of their investigation..As I mention 90% of paranormal activities has a natural explanations.However,90% of EVPs are not cause by CB or ham radios..When a EVP is caused by a CB or Ham radio its more defined then a regular EVP.

Exactly. I couldnt have put it better myself.

soat204

Oct 25, 2006
Iowa
i knw i speak for all of us when i say we hope ur eyes do turn to normal, o and on a quick note....what does ham stand for>????

soat204 said:
i knw i speak for all of us when i say we hope ur eyes do turn to normal, o and on a quick note....what does ham stand for>????

That is a good question. It's been asked for almost 100 years in the Amateur Radio ranks. It's been said Marriconii called himself a "Ham" or "Amateur". He is concidered the worlds first Amateur Radio Operator.