Getting started!

TrainClown

yep. yer havin' fun alllllright! So how's it running? How's it switching?

Curious minds want to know ;)

TrainClown :D

New Update

Pinned track down with track nails (they won't hold forever in foam, but should hold for a few days until I can Ballast.)

I also added a bridge, you can see the shiny aluminum foil, which will be water, if I can figure out how to make it look more like water.

Attachments

• Picture172.jpg
    Picture172.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 153
More stuff

Painted the cliffs and added a little ground cover

abl.sized.jpg

rksstl

Looks good SS. I think I used the same contractor to build my bridge as you did. I also got a peice of motive power from ABSNUT.

N

NWP-fan

Look, it's a... layout!

Lookin' good, SS! Must be very satisfying to see that first train make that first loop around the track. Congrats!

Are those 9-3/4" curves, or 11"? Just trying to get a sense of scale.

hey screwysquirrel, your plan looks good, as so does the progress on your layout. looks like your moveing right along there. keep up the good work!:wave:

sschaer

to all .....

would you please avoid using 'ss' as short for screwysquirrel ? the abbreviation 'ss' has some bad history here in europe. unfortunately these kind of forces are growing stronger again.

Apologies

sschaer: I understand your worry. :eek:ops: but if the use 'SS' for 'Screwy Squirrel' it certainly should have no connotation for 'Schultzstaffen.' -- If I'm anything, anti Nazi is certainly one of them. I had over 200 family members killed in Europe between 1939 and 1945.

That said, S is the 19th letter in the English alphabet, and the 3rd most commonly used. SS occurs in combination or abbreviation all the time. do you want to change the words 'boss' or 'dress' or the brand name 'Wesson' because they use 'ss'?

Its _JUST_ a letter. it doesn't have any meaning beyond standing for the 'sssss' consonant sound :) Trying to assign it guilt for being used by a Nazi Party military force is taking things too far. Every letter in the Alphabet, and quite a few words in the dictionary were swiped by the Nazis