getting ready

cn nutbar

hello all---it's that time of the year---the shop gang have done a nice job in getting the equipment ready and cn snow-plow #55504 is getting a test run to make sure she'll be available when needed

250306015-1.jpg

250306016.jpg

doctorwayne

Nice pics, Mister Nutbar, :thumb: but it's lucky that you're modelling the 'fifties instead of the present-day scene. What with global warming, the plows would all be on the dead line, awaiting the torch.:cry:

Wayne

Jim Krause

I was just reading an article on rotary plows in Railfan magazine. It was listing the rotaries that are still in service and most of them haven't been used much in recent years. Some not since 1996. They are kept on standby, waiting for the "big" storm.
Great photo's Nutbar. Will your plow look that good after a winter of fighting snowdrifts?

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Reminds me of the one I used to see sitting in the Orangeville yard when I'd cross the tracks everyday on the way to school. 'Course, that one was a CPR, but what are you gonna do...?!? ;)

Andrew

cn nutbar

hello all---thanks for your feedback---not to be outdone by her bigger neighbour,the TH&B gets her equipment ready

thbsnowplow004.jpg

thbsnowplow003.jpg

galt904

Awesome stuff. Who makes it? Is the TH&B one the same style as CPR plows? CP keeps one in the Woodstock yard for clearing some of the branchlines around here.

cn nutbar

hi chad---the th&b snowplow is a plastic kit from walthers while the cn plow started out as a njcb unpainted brass model---doctor wayne was responsible for assembling and painting both---lucky me