Getting on with 0n30

Discussion in 'Logging, Mining and Industrial Railroads' started by shamus, Jul 13, 2003.

1. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Gang, just thought I would see what was going on and post a photo of what I have been doing for the last couple of months.
    All structures and machinery are scratchbuilt, the only part I didn't make was the boiler which Jon Monon made for me out of brass tube. Lots more to do. This is the first time I haven't started on the scenery first. Got more live rolls to make plus a cutoff saw to complete the inside of the sawmill.
    Cheers all.

2. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

My gosh:eek: :eek: :eek: , the master is at it again. Good to see you back, Paul. Great work on the layout ( but that is to be expected). Keep up the good work but mind the medical folks too:) :) :)
  3. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Excellent detail Shamus my friend. It must be a real delight working in this larger scale.
  4. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Fantastic work, friend! Boiler sure looks good with paint and the plumbing and gadgets in place. I'd forgotten all about it until you mentioned it. Did you replace the spark arrester? Good to see your fine craftsmanship coming to life once again!
  5. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Alright, Shamus!!
    So good to hear from you again, & so great to see another model RR masterpiece coming together again!
    Some fantastic craftsmanship, as always!
    :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
  6. Chessie

Chessie Member

Shamus it is good to see you back on the Gauge and hope you are feeling better.
    You get more done while sick than most of do when we are well!
  7. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Shamus first and foremost it's good to see you posting again! :D Hope you are feeling better AND listening to the docs! Beautiful work on the layout, can't wait to see more! Take care. :)
  8. Bill Stone

Bill Stone Member

Beautiful stuff, Shamus...... But, of course!
    How are you enjoying working in 1/4 inch scale compared to HO?
    I'm happy you're feeling well enough to be back at it.

9. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Been more than just a little concerned, good to see you posting again! The saw mill looks great !
    Take it slow and easy, maybe we'll deal with our anticipation by getting more of our own work done!:D :D
    FYI "logging line addicts" the #28 issue of Timber Times,, has some excellent information for people like me who are still new to logging.
  10. belg

belg Member

Shamus ,nice to see that your nibble fingers are still at work and producing such high quality work. Where do you get most of your info? My scene revolves more around a lumber storage yard but probably could use some of the info.Thanks

Pete, I can't seem to get that link to work could you be missing a letter or something???
  11. camelot

camelot Member

there is a small 'typo' error in the URL , replace the "," with a "."
    and it works , here is the correct URL ....hopefully :D
  12. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Sorry about that, I didn't include that as a link, rather as, just information.

I could park all my computer skills in the eye of a needle, and still have room to run a C&O H8 through it.:D
  13. camelot

camelot Member

Shamus : Fantastic photos and your work is as good as it has ever been.I had forgotten how much i enjoyed your photos :)

14. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Great work Paul. You must be feeling better?? Sure hope so.
  15. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi All,
    Thanks for the kind comments, yes I am feeling alot better now, at least better than the last couple of months. New breathing stuff and pills by the dozen. Can't complain really, had a hell of a good life, what with 30 + years in Show Business, then a Professional Photographer coupled with Model Railroading what else could you ask for. All self employed no body to tell me what to do, wonderful. Played Golf when I wanted Hehe.

Cheers , be back again later on.

16. Hi, Paul,

Somehow I missed this thread over the weekend.:confused: Anyway, it's good to see you're getting back on your feet and are back to work on your new layout.

Very nice work on the enginehouse and the mill. :cool:
  17. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Hey Paul - Great stuff - as always! :) Glad to see you're felling batter!! :D
  18. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

Good to C U

Hope you continue to feel better friend, great job on new project. Once again welcome home. :) :) :)
  19. Johnson Bar

Johnson Bar Member

Shamus, Excellent work the saw mill looks ready to fire it up !
    What a inspiration to a newbie in On3O! Happy to see your return! Kudo's on your work!
  20. pcentral

pcentral Member

Hey Paul,
    Great to hear you're feeling better. It makes me feel better, too! The layout is looking good. I have been busy bashing G gauge equipment for my garden RR which is mining and looging themed, so I look forward to your pics for info and inspiration. Thanks for what you have given us all and continued good health my friend:D