Getting on with 0n30

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Gang, just thought I would see what was going on and post a photo of what I have been doing for the last couple of months.
All structures and machinery are scratchbuilt, the only part I didn't make was the boiler which Jon Monon made for me out of brass tube. Lots more to do. This is the first time I haven't started on the scenery first. Got more live rolls to make plus a cutoff saw to complete the inside of the sawmill.
Cheers all.

new0n30.jpg

Shamus

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Alright, Shamus!!
So good to hear from you again, & so great to see another model RR masterpiece coming together again!
Some fantastic craftsmanship, as always!
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Been more than just a little concerned, good to see you posting again! The saw mill looks great !
Take it slow and easy, maybe we'll deal with our anticipation by getting more of our own work done!:D :D
FYI "logging line addicts" the #28 issue of Timber Times, www.timbertimes.com, has some excellent information for people like me who are still new to logging.
Pete

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Shamus ,nice to see that your nibble fingers are still at work and producing such high quality work. Where do you get most of your info? My scene revolves more around a lumber storage yard but probably could use some of the info.Thanks

Pete, I can't seem to get that link to work could you be missing a letter or something???

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi All,
Thanks for the kind comments, yes I am feeling alot better now, at least better than the last couple of months. New breathing stuff and pills by the dozen. Can't complain really, had a hell of a good life, what with 30 + years in Show Business, then a Professional Photographer coupled with Model Railroading what else could you ask for. All self employed no body to tell me what to do, wonderful. Played Golf when I wanted Hehe.

Cheers , be back again later on.
Shamus

pcentral

Jul 17, 2002
Central California
Visit site
Hey Paul,
Great to hear you're feeling better. It makes me feel better, too! The layout is looking good. I have been busy bashing G gauge equipment for my garden RR which is mining and looging themed, so I look forward to your pics for info and inspiration. Thanks for what you have given us all and continued good health my friend:D

Steve