getting annoyed

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by trent, May 5, 2006.

1. trent

trent New Member

my hpi nitro mt2 continues to stall im completely stuck and getting close to broke, ive checked if the engine is leaking, the fuel tank ,the fuel lines, bought new fuel!! it still goes for about 4-5 minutes and then starts to bog down and spluttering then it cuts out. after that it gets an air bubble in the fuel line and becomes hard to start until it cools down to almost normal temp. im getting very angry and it is becoming an increasing drain on my funds, has anyone got anything to suggest for me to try because im all out of ideas and will try anything.
  2. Steve M

Steve M Member

Sounds like you may have the carb set too lean. Is the motor over heating? Try opening the main needle valve a half turn and try again.
  3. George B

George B Senior Member

Yup, I would agree....sounds too lean. What plug are you running?
  4. shelbys_dad

shelbys_dad Member

You problem is an air leak at the carb & case. I had the same issue with mine before I dropped a traxxas 3.3 in it.:eek:

First go out and purchase a high temp silicone RTV (preferably the gold) then follow these steps:

1. Remove your engine from truck.
    2. Cover carb opening.
    3. Clean entire engine assembly. I always use alcohol and an electric toothbrush
    4. Remove carb.
    5. Place a few drops of After Run engine oil. (which I hope you already have, shame on you if not. That is a required step after running any nitro engine)
    6. Put a layer of RTV around the base of the carb. (use your best judgment)
    7. Bolt carb assembly to engine assembly, not over tighten.
    8. Set carb settings to factory and re-tune.

I really hope this last thing, what plugs are you using? The reason I ask is that some people think a plug is a plug, their not. Depending on what terrain you drive on and what percentage nitro you use determines the plug you should use. If you are unfamiliar with plugs I suggest doing some research.
    Anyway, good luck and if you have any other problems you can pm me or post it.