Get a free sample of Task Board

Taskboard

Ok, I hate to bash anyone so I will try to stick to the points!

I ordered their sample months ago with the hope of carrying the product on my site.

1)Delivery of the sample was very slow comming.

2) The product is fine, just as advertised.

I wanted to see how easy it was to use so I had a building I got for practicly nothing at the train show because it was missing a panel from the bottom rear. (You remember the table accross from me Andy?)
Well I cut and sanded a piece to fit, glued it in place and painted it, etc....
The product was very easy to work with. Here are some pictures of the building. Notice the gray section at the bottom of the back side.

taskboard003.jpg

Front of building

taskboard002.jpg

I added details such as doors and fire excapes, light and ivy.

Bottom line, the taskboard was good to work with and sand and paint.

Now for the down side!
When I went to order, The minimum purchase was 200 pcs. of each at retailer price.
I asked about getting just a few of each to see how they sold on my site, and the shipping cost was as high as the retail cost. I will not be carrying that product.
If you can find a Wall-mart or Michael`s that has it you will be better off than ordering through them.

Just my 2 cents worth.
David

Play-Doh

May 12, 2006
Portland OR
Chessie6459 said:
About how long did it take for it to arrive in the mail. I am just curious.:D

I know that some of us were waiting a number of weeks to get theirs. I got mine is just about a week. My guess is the free samples only go out about once a month.

galt904

Jan 17, 2005
Beachville ON
How'd you get the textures and stuff on it? I was expecting a little more than recycled cardboard....

And mine took over a month to get to me.

liven_letdie

Mar 22, 2005
Turlock, CA
www.downthelinetrains.com
The recycled cardboard was my impression after working with the stuff. I am not going to say it is a bad product however I don't think it is anything "special". I also tried to do the steam trick to make a curve in the piece and it did not work. Ah well, on to the next free item!

Cory