Gerry Anderson passe away

E

eagleclaw4935

Gerry Anderson has passed on

Just wanted to share with the community,that Thunderbirds,Captain Scarlet,Space 1999 creator Gerry Anderson has passed away.It is with deep sadness,that I make this announcement.He was a big part of mine and im sure many others childhood.FAB Gerry!

ganeshsingh158

Jul 18, 2007
A terrible loss indeed, one of my most vivid memories from childhood is the blue
liquid filling the aliens helmet on U.F.O. Scared me to death! Another giant lost
but his legacy remains to inspire us all.

Z

Zathros

Gerry Anderson had a profound affect on in my childhood. It was a good affect. The world has lost a great innovator. I hope he can now know how positively he affected people and how much joy and fun he made for us.

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
I remember UFO and Space 1999 but never watched the others He had a unique vision and a novel way of showing it. His talent, and the man will be missed.

Z

Zathros

Damn it Gixergs, I have saddened myself again!! :) I think this link is worth putting up, it's great!

http://www.fanderson.org.uk/

rotate.php

Gixergs

Jul 10, 2007
Sad indeed but also a joy to see how many people turned up to say their farewells,people that had never met the man but felt so strongly about his work that they travelled miles and even from other countries one in a rather dashing pink Rolls Royce.A man that can inspire that sort of devotion can never really leave us.

Attachments

• _65232087_dsc_0312.jpg
    _65232087_dsc_0312.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 11

Patron_zero

May 5, 2008
Watching Stingray, Fireball XL5 and Thunderbirds were-are treasured memories and moments of my childhood, a tip of the hat in respect to the memory of the man who generously provided such.

Z

Zathros

Gerry Anderson really understood how women should dress on Moon bases too...

shado-ufo-girls-moonbase-15.jpg

mondo

Jan 1, 2013
I saw Gerry about 20 years ago when he was touring the uk with his show An Evening With Gerry Anderson. It took the form of an illustrated lecture in which he talked about his career, and his most popular shows. He had Thunderbird 1 and 2 and Fab1 as well as some of the Thunderbirds puppets with him.
I missed seeing him last year when he came to the National Space Center with Shane Rimmer for a sci-fi weekend. I have most of the dvd box sets of his works, he was and still is a genius.

God Bless You Gerry.