Gerry Anderson Models/Century 21

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by Wolfshead57, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Wolfshead57

Wolfshead57 Member

Hi Just thought i would leap right in and ask if anyone out there knows of any models of Gerry Andersons/Century 21 stuff that may be out there.

Not so much Thunderbirds, but that will do as well was thinking more along the lines of Supercar, Fireball XL-5, Stingray, Captain Scarlet etc. etc.

Am realy new to this game and not realy aware of whats out there, just saw this wants thread and thought hey! maybe someone out there can point me in the right direction.

Anyway see what you can all do to help me out and i will b forever in your debt.

2. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

3. astroboy

astroboy Member

4. Dnlgtr

Dnlgtr Member

I just tryed. Both are 404 not found. If you know how try the Wayback Machine/Web Archive.

Sorry but I don't know how myself.
  5. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Gerry Anderson Fan Forum

Wolfshead57 and Dnlgtr,

Try this Gerry Anderson Fan Forum link:
    It would be nice to have a Stingray card model - it was my favourite in my early teens.
    (Meanwhile, I downloaded the amazing Japanese Thunderbird 2 model . . .)

Good luck!
    Bengt 8)
  6. Wolfshead57

Wolfshead57 Member

Thanks Guys, tired the XL-5 one and again 404 error sorry dont know how to get round that one.
  7. Dnlgtr

Dnlgtr Member

I should have said this better. I tryed astroboy's Direct 'websitetoolbox' site links for the XL5 and SuperCar. Both yield 404 'Not Found' errors.

Sorry for nor being more clear.
    Bengt, Your link is just the Home page for the directs above links that don't work.
  8. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Gerry Anderson Models

Hi Dnlgtr,

It seems the Fireball XL-5 isn´t available as a card model, at least not at the moment.
    I have tried the usual Iceberg links and all other SciFi link pages and I have only come up with collectible die-cast models or toys.

This official Gerry Anderson Fan page might give you some direction:

Best of luck.
    Bengt :roll:

(edited in): Here´s one more link - might be worth trying:
  9. Dnlgtr

Dnlgtr Member

Only shows a list of books and magazines.

Doesn't even state if they are still in print.
  10. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Fireball XL-5 Paper Model

OK - it seems I am unable to help you.
    Have you tried searching the web?

It seems that the XL-5 model referred to was made by Pierre Fontaine, which was hosted at 'Homestead' under the web site name "Paper Forge" - but this site is now discontinued.

Perhaps the Thunderbird 1, 2 and 3 are the only paper models available at the moment.
    There is, however, a larger model of the Fireball XL-5 made from Depron foam and balsa, intended for rocket propulsion flight. Plans are available on the web.

Bengt :smile:
  11. Dnlgtr

Dnlgtr Member

12. Wolfshead57

Wolfshead57 Member

Thanks Guys/Gals. Certainly gave me enough to work on, but keep them coming still wanting XL5 and Supercar, only ones I found were dead ends shame. Still I live in hope

Cheers me dears, have a beer

13. cecil.severs

cecil.severs New Member

I guess it's a question of how bad do you want the Fireball. Chip may still sell it, but only as a part of the Jets and Aerospace CD at $29.95.

It is a very nice little model. I have one here at the office printer on glossy paper. Here's the old link on Chips page describing the model.

14. astroboy

astroboy Member

15. The-Jazzman

The-Jazzman Member

16. Wolfshead57

Wolfshead57 Member

Thanks Guys as ever you came through, have downloaded XL5 and the Shadow mobile and will post pics as I finish them.

Cheers your all stars
  17. peter taft

peter taft Guest

Hi Dnlgtr. Have you managed to get the XL5 Paper model yet ? If not i have it and could e-mail it to you. Regards. Pete.